Scoop or no scoop?

-

chris norman

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had my duster for 2 years now and still can decide if I should put a hood scoop on it, does anyone on here have a duster in powder blue with one?? Thanks

IMG_0456.JPG

Yes, scoop it. Flat hoods look bland to me. Almost all Mopar musclecars from the late sixties, early seventies had scoops or bulges except for the 340 Dusters. The dual snorkel and the double scoops on the Demon (Twister had double scoops also) really toughen up the looks of the car. Mine all get scoops eventually. My 72 duster has the dual snorkel. My 68 Sat has a six pack hood. My 73 RR has the stock bulge/scoop.

Scoop it !!
I had a 73 swinger with a dart sport hood blacked out .
Makes them look better I think ?
Dual snorkel demon dart sport on that car looks better !!

I really like your car the way it is, but I don't own it! My opinion is go for the snorkel stoop. For me the dual scoops make the car feel even narrower when I'm sitting in the car.

well you could buy a fiberglass six pack hood paint it black. and have the best of both worlds, it could easily be sold with the car or for your next project. I did this with my 68 barracuda. never did put the stock hood back on.

I really like those Power-bulge hoods, and if it was mine,I think I would like to keep it stock. That said, your engine will always benefit from fresh cold air, always. It will make more torque,more power, and more mpgs. The idle will be more stable, and fuel percolation if you have this issue will possibly disappear. Hesitations and minor bogs will be more easily tuned out.Depending on the current combo, you may be able to go down one octane gas at the pump.
Somebody refresh my memory; where is the MJ change from 78*F above hood air, to 200*F underhood air.That is a 122 degree temperature drop. On my combo I think it was plus2 in the front and plus1 in the back.
But you don't have to cut a hole in that beautiful hood, to get fresh cold air into the carb.

Last edited:
No. Do not violate your hood.
Once you go "......" you can never go back.:lol:
You don't need silly, non-functioning, decorative, trashed up, Joe Dirt, American red necked hood.:confederateflag:
:poke:

:mob:

one step further even - buy a fiberglass hood with a scoop
Does anyone make a one piece hood with this scoop? I've only seen Hemi and SixPac scooped hoods, but I haven't looked very hard it for quite awhile.

Does anyone make a one piece hood with this scoop? I've only seen Hemi and SixPac scooped hoods, but I haven't looked very hard it for quite awhile.
I do not know - but I have seen where most companies will graft any scoop you want onto a hood for you

-
Back