Score!!! 5303 Hooker 1 7/8 super comp full under chassis headers......extinct these days

-
These headers are eerily similar to Pro Parts headers before the TTI's...

I thought I seen them on TV….. LOL!

Wait, I DID, Engine Masters…..

I just can't figure out which one to build for racing...decisions...ughgggg

View attachment 1716122809

View attachment 1716122810

you have an awesome collection of A bodies!! I actually chopped mine out because they were the one that the linkage went through etc….. which soured me on hooker’s in general.
I was just joking around. Your 1 7/8 versions look much better and don’t appear to have linkage going through them etc…. I’d do remember hearing about these 1 7/8 ones and hearing how well they perform.
can’t beat $125 bucks! Maybe after coatings and all it will be closer to $5-600 but still well worth it. I am stoked for you for sure…

My vote is to do the purple one!

Thanks my friend....I think my father has his eyes on that purple one ....who can tell an old Vietnam Vet no....not me...he's my best friend...and believes in all my dreams ...he's so worth it!!! He wants scoops,sport mirrors,gull wing....and he gets what he wants...I just pray he beats the clock ...he's 80

Thanks my friend....I think my father has his eyes on that purple one ....who can tell an old Vietnam Vet no....not me...he's my best friend...and believes in all my dreams ...he's so worth it!!! He wants scoops,sport mirrors,gull wing....and he gets what he wants...I just pray he beats the clock ...he's 80
Make it happen for him! Lots of folks live into their late 90’s and even early 100’s these days.
I lost mine when he was 61. Enjoy the time you have with him!

By the way 4mulas..I love your avatar pic...around here in the south some kids still roll like that.....I picked up a girl one day and her little 9 year old brother was smoking weed and drinking Boones farm wine on her back porch....smh...never seen any adults

By the way 4mulas..I love your avatar pic...around here in the south some kids still roll like that.....I picked up a girl one day and her little 9 year old brother was smoking weed and drinking Boones farm wine on her back porch....smh...never seen any adults
Wicked!! Lol

Awesome that would be amazing to be able to purchase those accessories from you!! Big thanks....this site rocks!!

I couldn’t find the other two pieces, must of used them for something, and one of the longer ones is cut on an angle, see photos. I’ll pm you the detail.

D64984F8-A017-4B54-88F1-6F4ED158A3C5.jpeg

4F739FBA-D668-4972-9D3C-A56E4B0A734B.jpeg

I tell you what I thank you kindly that's a great start and I can duplicate some of the pieces that are missing I'm sure....

Idk about taking a sawzall, but they do have a particular way they like to go in. I took notes when I was pulling the motor out a few years back so I'd remember how when the motor was rebuilt.

Pass side front and rear pieces come out the top. Middle through the bottom

Drivers side front out top, middle and rear out the bottom.

Column had to come out for the drivers side, and the starter needs to go back in before the drivers front

Hookers are old school magic. True they are not as customized snug. Or as long lasting treated as today's TTI. And are a bit more cumbersome. But for the price? And performance? And sounds? I think you are right on.

Also, as they age? They actually get better. The reason rusty headers work better is that oxidized steel exspells heat better. Which is what an older engine begs.

New school is certainly nicer under the lights. But ask performance 2 years later under street use?

JMO. I could me wrong.

Idk about taking a sawzall, but they do have a particular way they like to go in. I took notes when I was pulling the motor out a few years back so I'd remember how when the motor was rebuilt.

Pass side front and rear pieces come out the top. Middle through the bottom

Drivers side front out top, middle and rear out the bottom.

Column had to come out for the drivers side, and the starter needs to go back in before the drivers front
I'm so glad you told me the trick to removing them ...so I guess install would be reverse...big thanks

The are made similar to the tubular automotive ones for $1,895.00

MoparA-BodySmallBlockHeaders3_4View_600x.png

MoparA-BodySmallBlockHeaders_600x.png

MoparA-BodySmallBlockHeadersFrontView_600x.png

IMG_0640.JPG.jpg

E97B8605-0F8E-4378-9399-972F0E06F6A0.jpeg

-
Back