scored a barn find today

-

CrazyPete

Reaction score
ive been hassling one of my coworkers for the last few years to buy his old Plymouth valiant convertible. Rencently his wife passed and where he was storing it the property got sold so today he cornered me and asked if i was still interested. He said i cant take the time to mess with that car and asked if i still wanted to or knew anyone who would. He said could you give me $500 for it i dont need the money but i just dont have a place for the car. So i called my wife and she said DO IT! The car has been in storage since the late 80's stored inside under a cover. I havent seen the car yet up he's had the car since 1966 its a 1964 plymouth valiant conv. 225 slant 6 3 speed black with a red interior all original still has bias ply tires and a brand new set in his basement along with a brand new top. Not sure on condition yet gonna go pick it up in a few weeks he claims the car is really nice shape. Im kinda excited

WOW :toothy1: I would be REAL kinda exited :D Congratulations:cheers:
and I know it found
a good home :happy1:

Good job ....I just got one without the barn...sat outside since 1978... its a b Body ....not my flavor...but I love the story ....this car should have died....but it didn't

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130218_195745.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,442
  • 2013012795180219.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,450
  • ForumRunner_20130218_195913.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,446
ive been hassling one of my coworkers for the last few years to buy his old Plymouth valiant convertible. Rencently his wife passed and where he was storing it the property got sold so today he cornered me and asked if i was still interested. He said i cant take the time to mess with that car and asked if i still wanted to or knew anyone who would. He said could you give me $500 for it i dont need the money but i just dont have a place for the car. So i called my wife and she said DO IT! The car has been in storage since the late 80's stored inside under a cover. I havent seen the car yet up he's had the car since 1966 its a 1964 plymouth valiant conv. 225 slant 6 3 speed black with a red interior all original still has bias ply tires and a brand new set in his basement along with a brand new top. Not sure on condition yet gonna go pick it up in a few weeks he claims the car is really nice shape. Im kinda excited

Congratulations!! I am excited for you.

Hope you find a JEWEL

It is good he doesn't need the money or watches BJ in action, all in your favor

Pictures please when you get them

Good job ....I just got one without the barn...sat outside since 1978... its a b Body ....not my flavor...but I love the story ....this car should have died....but it didn't

Holy crap!! Nice score on the 67 rt. My all time favorite muscle car. Would love to see more pictures of it..

HOLY FLIP!! How did you find a car that sat outside for 30+ years in our neck of the woods that isn't a pile of rubble?? I am always looking in backyards and field lines for cars, but even when I do find them, there's not one useable piece left! Good Find man!

No hijacking intended! Good find to the OP too!

Gotta love the lottery ticket aspect of your deal Pete. I doubt you could go wrong on that deal, and it will be like opening a unknown gift at Christmas. Enjoy the surprise, i have a feeling it's gonna be really cool :thumbrig:.

Agreed...nice job on both these guys efforts to save a couple more!! Good job away team!!! Geof

I don't mean to barge in on your post....but I don't go on the b body's only site.....I am an a body but I could not pass it up.
Original paint
This car is a freak of nature....it was parked in 1978 and will be saved.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130218_235306.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,124
  • ForumRunner_20130218_235345.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,126
  • 2013-01-28 19.42.49-1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,144
  • ForumRunner_20130218_235509.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,135
  • ForumRunner_20130218_235559.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,123
  • ForumRunner_20130218_235716.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,136
I don't mean to barge in on your post....but I don't go on the b body's only site.....I am an a body but I could not pass it up.
Original paint
This car is a freak of nature....it was parked in 1978 and will be saved.

that is bad ***....

No need to apologize, that's a beautiful dog. Congratulations on the scores, you two! I'm still waiting for mine...

great find to both cant wait for more pics and good news they are running and driving like mopars are meant to do . good luck to you both i hope they work out good

I have a friend that I haseld for his 68 cuda rag top for years, finally one day he sead yes and I went to get it and I found out it was a little rougher than he imagind it to be, even stored indoors for 25+ years it showed rust through the floors brake lines and needed a complete resto this is where I am at after 3 years

Attachments

• fresh paint 68 cuda 007.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,028
-
Back