Scored at Upullandpay today!!

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Looked up their inventory online and they showed a couple 70's trucks and a 70 Satellite....so I packed up and went.
The only truck that had an 8 3/4 was a 72 long bed. Scored another 489 case with open 3:91's...$70 out the door!! In great shape. That's two 489 cases in like 6-8 months...I still have the other 489 w/open 3:55's.
There were two trucks with Dana 60's in em too but someone had robbed the axles and carriers.

The 70 Satellite was actually a 71. A guy was there already and had the perfect grille and bumper assembly in his wheel barrel. Car has a 360 w/ Hooker comp headers and new exhaust all the way back. Instrument cluster was still in it and it had new blackspoke wheels all the way around. Speaking with the guy with the grille and stuff he said that yesterday when he was there, there was a brand new intake and distributor in it...they were gone already. The rear side panels and armrests are near perfect and are two tone green.
Anyways, I pulled the rear seat looking for a build sheet...now part of a mouse nest, but I found a new pair of pliers and a new set of robogrip pliers and 41 cents. lol

Oh, one more thing, there was a tach laying in the floor board that was like plastic molded looking...like a factory vinyl dash and the numbers weren't in a circular pattern but just straight across with a sweeping needle that went to 8000rpm, instead of a rotational needle....looked like it was factory but where it mounts was broken off. Any thoughts?? Maybe I should have grabbed it?

no ****, im am like 20 minutes from there. and i was there last weekend and it wasnt there, they must have stocked up.

Think it was an 8 1/4. I was hoping for a 8 3/4 but a no go. Also it had front drums.
Yeah, there was more in there than what was on their online inventory...they didn't have any Ramchargers listed but there were 3 or 4 in there.

it is amazing have fast they go through cars there. they like to hold onto the intrepids for some odd reason. im going to have to go back tomarrow!! thanks for heads-up!!

Yeah def. The headers were typically smashed on the bottom of the driver side. Intake and dist and carb are gone. Steering wheel gone. Radiator still there and power steering still there. At least as of 1:30pm.
You might want to take a look at the heads...the lifters and pushrods looked pretty new and the heads were clean under the intake....might've been rebuilt/redone sometime in the near past. Oh and that was a guess about the 360....the intake ports looked too small to be 318 but I'm sure I could be wrong too.

Yeah, it's a 2 door. I found an expired registration on the floor from like 1997 and it was listed as a 71. The workers at upap prob just looked inside the door and seen manufacture date and listed it as that. I thought 70 has a diff look than the 71 and up?

Maybe... or a cell phone pic.

Was gonna take one of the whole car but thought it wouldn't be worth it being the quarters are all bondo and kinda rough looking....didn't think about taking one of the tach though....dough!!!
Maybe if 73AbodEE goes up there tomorrow he might be able to take a few??

here is 71 body style..it is unheard of that one of those would end up in a pull n pay !!

Attachments

• 71g.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 235
Yep it's that body style. Still has some of the side marker lights in it...tail lights are gone though.
Looks like they put a bunch of new stuff on it then sent it to the junker. Weird.

I never liked those until I saw a purple one a Fall Fling last year, they are just huge looking, and pretty cool now at that!

-
Back