Scored me an Offy!

-
Skip clifford's blueprinted head. Talk to BJR Racing on here. I'm sure they'll be able to save you about $500 over what clifford's price is. And they'll probably do it in a timely manner.

Honestly, only because I've had five people tell me if I'm getting a carb, it should have an electric choke. You're the first person to suggest otherwise. I really wouldn't know the difference. I'm still pretty green with "real" engines.

Dude you live in florida you should never need a choke

Yep!! you did good for $200 for a new one:cheers:

I got my Clifford intake at Carlisle for $125 new, never installed, and my headers for $75 used, carb was a gift from my brother in law.

Hey chuck,we are in florida,you just need the choke/hold on the mustang guy,lol

I got my Clifford intake at Carlisle for $125 new, never installed, and my headers for $75 used, carb was a gift from my brother in law.

glad you gaot a great deal 70Valiant
Some time life can be extra good to you

I have $192 with shipping and a media blasting and powder coating on my offy and glad to see we all got a deal on a /6four bbl intake hear:read2:

Those are all great deals. Congratulations to us all.

As for the choke, point taken. I'll ask Charrlie_S what he recommends when I run the car by him next Sunday. He's had some pretty good advice so far, and he knows all about driving in North Central Florida.

here is my 140 dollar intake. but i need the adapter, where can i get one?

P9281186.jpg

Glad to see someone willing to go the four barrel route. The only other consideration I had was a Super 6 manifold with a Weber DGV carb. I liked the idea of not having to be running both barrels all of the time.

So what did I do? I checked out the Holley 4150, 390 cfm. By itself, it wasn't enough to get me to commit. Then I found this. Had to have it. OK, I spent a bit more for it than I would have paid for an Offy or Weiand. But this was too cool for me.

IMG_5340s.JPG

Glad to see someone willing to go the four barrel route. The only other consideration I had was a Super 6 manifold with a Weber DGV carb. I liked the idea of not having to be running both barrels all of the time.

So what did I do? I checked out the Holley 4150, 390 cfm. By itself, it wasn't enough to get me to commit. Then I found this. Had to have it. OK, I spent a bit more for it than I would have paid for an Offy or Weiand. But this was too cool for me.

Oooh. An excellent find, indeed! I don't really have the budget for that, so the Offy's gonna have to do. I think it'll suit my needs just fine though.

You gonna go with the 390 Holley? Keep us posted on how the carb does out of the box and/or how much tweaking is needed.

On the A/C, you have a choice of two compressors, the RV-2 or the Sanden. The RV-2 is "correct" for A-bodies. The Sanden (Sanyo) compressor was used on later models. They are more compact and use less bhp than the RV-2 does.

Good luck, Chuck!

well offy and summit both dont have the adapter in stock. so i bought a transdapt from vic hubbards today, with a little modifying it will work. the guy sold it to me for 7 bucks, so i cant really go wrong. im kind of frustrated with offenhauser and glad i wont be needing to deal with them anymore.

well i dont have a slant,, but i find them intresting, what is that wild looking intake ?? and i thought the slant 4 bbl intakes were easily gotn new??
i had offy valve covers made for my 340 this year i had no problems with them, i do know they are still family run,they still do things like back in the early days,, offy is a kool old school vintage products,,

and nice find see there are deals some times on e bay,,,

fstfish66 said:
what is that wild looking intake ?? and i thought the slant 4 bbl intakes were easily gotn new??

I'm assuming the wild looking intake is the one I posted a photo of on this thread. It's an AussieSpeed. I showed it on another thread and made a joke about it requiring an updraft 4-bbl to have it work as the Australian manufacturer intended. Got a few funny comments on that one.:toothy10:

The Offy 4-bbl is a decent manifold. Read some criticism about fuel distribution that had 3-4 running rich and 1-6 running lean. The equal length of the runners of the AussieSpeed gets around this.8)

If anyone is interested in one, contact [email protected] . They are looking for a US distributor.

IMG_5340s.JPG

does this beast require some sort of bracing, or is it just "hanging" there over the slant, seems like it is dangling over the block..... Its super sweet though!!!

i thought they suggest bracing for the hyperpack,(but i've seen people run them without any) and that thing looks just about as big. i think it would be wise to fab something up. there is alot of weight hanging off the side of the slant.

Mornin all sorry for detouring this thread. I got the dual 1bbl offy through the group buy. Very nice,better than the cain I sold. My question is has anyone ran other than the 1 bbl on these. There are a few adaptors out there for other carbs. I really liked the strombergs but they look smaller than the holley 1's,plus they cost 3x as much. Just curious what others have used on this set up. Thanks. Dean :happy10:

Hey fastfsh were you at the Las Vegas show this year? I was there totally by accident and what a thrill. I was like in Mopar heaven. I had a rented caliber and wanted to stuff the ever lovin life out of that rig with all the goodies I could of had. But its hard to drive to Washington from there with the front tires off the ground :cheers:. The best part was all the hemi a bodies there. Man wat a rush. Pure power,lots of fun!!!:-D. Loved the 6 second vipers ahhhhhhhhh. Sorry sometimes I get a little excited:happy10:

72 Demon I love that intake also but the shipping was way to much for me. Kind of put it out of reach for me but they are very cool 8). Looking forward to seeing it in the vehicle.

That's not bad at all! Yeah, I'm not gonna try that until the new steering box and sway bars go in. I'm running on a stock 7.25, so I'm not going to expect any miracles until after I change out the gears and put in a good stall converter.

Goal 1: Make it road-worth, add A/C and sway bars.

Goal 2: Interior and body work.

Goal 3: More Vroom! (Although I will admit I jumped the gun a bit with the intake.)

don't waste your time changing gears in the 7.25, its still going to break on you. if you hook up at all on a launch its a goner. go ahead and spend the money to put an 8.75 under it and forget about it. The peace of mind and freedom with the right foot is well worth it. Good deals are still out there on 8.75's, i got a complete (drum to drum) SBP a-body 8.75 off ebay for $500 including the shipping from Cali to Ohio!!! Another $90 for replacements of ALL the brake parts including drums and bolted it up under the car in an afternoon. This was just last year so you should still be able to find a similar deal if you look hard enough.
-Tim

don't waste your time changing gears in the 7.25, its still going to break on you. if you hook up at all on a launch its a goner. go ahead and spend the money to put an 8.75 under it and forget about it. -Tim

The 7 1/4 rear is not as weak as most people think. I have been running the same 3.91 SG 7 1/4 since 1974. It has been in 5 different street/strip cars. Now resides in my 66 Valiant that runs mid 13's at 94 mph in the in the 1/4 mile. Has slicks, and does 1.79 60 foot times. Also have a 4.56 SG 7 1/4, and a 5.13 SG 7 1/4.
But I do agree about using a stronger rear, if the money is about the same. On a street type car, I would opt for a 8 1/4. Good deals on "A" body 8 3/4 rears are few and far between. A early Ford Mustang V-8 8 inch rear is a inexpensive and viable swap into an "A" body.

-
Back