Scored Offy dual quad intake for my 392 WEDGE project!

-
Hey Rumble. Kind of. My interest is that the 350 chevy and 340 mopar are very similar in head flow, valve size , port size and of course displacement. With that Weiand makes their Chevy Tunnel Ram with a smaller top and their mopar unit with a big coffin like top. Just wondering what why Weiand did this.

Looks can be deceiving. The only way to know for sure is to CC both tops and see where they are.

I'd bet a substantial amount that the WIEAND top will be very close in volume to the Edelbrock top. They just get the volume in different ways.

Now, some of this intakes with the bread box tops...I detest those. I have the Edelbrock top outside on mine. I'll see if I can get a picture late and post it.

I'm going to sell it and run the STR top. I detest inline carbs as much as I detest big plenums.

I was going to reduce the M-1 plenum volume, but I need three more tops and by the time I went to do it, they were not available.

Mopar’s M1 in line dual quad tops?
E-bay!!!

What’s wrong with in line carbs?

Mopar’s M1 in line dual quad tops?
E-bay!!!

What’s wrong with in line carbs?

If you want to run edlebrocks, nothing. I don't usually use them.

I don't run vacuum secondary Holley carbs. I use them for target practice, or sell them to someone who thinks they're cool.

If you are using mechanical secondary Holley's you have to turn them sideways. That's why I snagged that super good deal for TR linkage in the FABO for sale section. Already have the TR, now the linkage. Next up is the STR top (as I don't like the top on this Edelbrock) and then a matching BLP B4X carb. Then I'll be pooping in tall cotton.

Then I have to find a hood.

For the M-1 deal I was running two flying toilets so those I could run in line. I kept moving the nozzles up and made more power (more **** people get wrong...) so I was going to put the nozzles above the runner in the plenum. I also wanted less volume but I didn't want to jack up a top, lose power and not be able to go back to square one.

In 2002-2003 I couldn't find a top to save my arse.

I’m will be running the TRY1 top on the Edelbrock intake. I also went to your carb guys site. Looks good.
This should make an excellent street stomper. It is a ways off as the part collecting is on going and just beginning.

The M1- 2X4 T- ram is the drag project induction behind the single 4bbl. Once the getting to know you phase is complete. I’d hate to get into a hot date and have my arese ripped apart. LOL

I don’t have an issue with the Edelbrocks in the street. Or in something hotter than average. A race carb they are not and I’m not trying to replace a race carb with them. It isn’t in my interest of moves or things to prove.
But they will still move the vehicle well I think. Humm, I’ll have to try. Just to try it. Tool around with them for heck’s sake.

Found this thread when seeing Mike's request for previous trade info.
Good info, I bought an Offy DQ i plan on trying on our 340 and never thought about gaskets vs sealing area. Ports yes I knew would be a mismatch with the xheads. I have felpro 1213. I need to do some checking obviously.

20221214_223418.jpg

Last edited:
When I was gonna build an LA I encountered the lack of material your pics show. Without welding and adding material to the manifold it will be near impossible to get a proper seal. Fact is the Offenhauser was designed and intended for the 273- this the small ports. The Edelbrock D64 and D66 also were designed for the 273.

Did you ever get/try/measure the MS90009?
When I was gonna build an LA I encountered the lack of material your pics show. Without welding and adding material to the manifold it will be near impossible to get a proper seal. Fact is the Offenhauser was designed and intended for the 273- this the small ports. The Edelbrock D64 and D66 also were designed for the 273.

-
Back