Scrap or sell?

-

vcustoms86

Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and swap in my 413 into my 71 dart. It has its orginal slant 6 with about 65k miles on it. Is there a big enough demand to try and sell it or should i just pull it out and scrap it? Id rather sell it but not sure if its worth it.

Somebody might need/want it, sell it for a couple hundred bucks and everyone is happy.

If you scrap it, you will have sold it too. Why not just let a fellow member have it that will do something with it? They might even give you a little somethin for it. Slants ain't bein made anymore. If you scrap it, that will be one less. I got one that's a pile of rust. Probably be a real pain to take apart, but I will if I ever need it.

Well i wouldnt just give it away. Id be selling it for a couple hundred bucks. I hate to scrap it cause like you said, no one is making them. Its complete with everything. I think there is A/C on it too.

There is a trend on guys turbo charging those suckers here. I say hang on to it if it doesnt sell right off,or maybe accept trades,but dont scrap it.

A video with it running might help. I kinda doubt you'll hit 200 for just the engine. You might. It's not like you're gonna get rich off it.

here is an idea! sell it for scrap price.lol if it was closer, i would pick it up. i have a 72 4 speed duster, and would love to put a /6 with a turbo.

I had the old /6 from my 72 Duster on CL for $100 with the tranny for almost a month,no takers.(it needed rings)Once I put "free" on it,a kid with a 70 4 door Valiant came and got it.He was also a student at a community college for automotive and the /6 in his car threw a rod out the side.I know now my old /6 will live on and helped someone else

I tried selling a slant 6 engine and trans for $200. No takers.

One guy said he definitely wanted it, but kept putting me off for 6 months. I finally had to scrap it because I had no room.

Try and pass it on.........pay it forward so to speak, scrap metal is maybe 10 on a hundred........you won't get to heaven for savin it but reverse Karma is always good.........Wagg's

With the fuel prices where they are, the slants are becoming popular. There's alot you can do with them. Don't scrap it :sad11:

I paid 125.00 for my last one with tranny. I'd take it off your hands but it would cost me a couple hundred or more in fuel to come get it. You aren't planning a trip to the Western Slope are you? LOL

I paid 125.00 for my last one with tranny. I'd take it off your hands but it would cost me a couple hundred or more in fuel to come get it. You aren't planning a trip to the Western Slope are you? LOL

Lol no im not sorry. Im looking to get rid of the motor and trans too. Im gonna see if i can get it to fire this weekend.

-
Back