SCRAPIN & PANKAKIN - Lowering Rear SUSPENsion Ideas 76 Dart Sedan

-
You can't lower the rear much more than 3" inch orso before the bumpstop stays in full contact with the body, which makes for an annoying ride.

Why not use 2" drop spindles in the front to maintain correct geometry, and still have full suspension travel. Then use the 2" lowering blocks in the back.

I lowered my car a bit. Then I spent a day fixing the camber pattern, so my tires wouldn't wear out and the car stopped darting at every little surface change.
But if you are only driving it back and forth to the beer-store, I guess you won't be needing to worry about stuff like that.
Ya, Ill be ok with any wear that would occur with the amount of driving that I do. Sht, let it wear and give me a reason to buy new wheels. Hmm, this is staring to sound better and better.

got any truck 4 x 4 stores there in your neck of the woods . they are lift kits for 4 x 4 pick ups . put the block on the top of the spring than the r/e on top of that , lowered to your desire drop . and those blocks are tappered one end to the other for drive line angle as well .
interesting!

It won't lower it as much as a lowering block, but you REALLY don't want a 5" lowering block.

I'd look for a suspension place nearby that can 're-arch' your springs and get you close. Then fine tune with a lowering block.

I've got the two-hole hanger and springs that are near a zero arch at rest. Car sits pretty nicely I think.
DART.png
Sweet!
Doesn't look much lower than mine.

-
Back