Screw Gold Buy Mopar

-

xlexl

Reaction score
Is anyone else completly facinated in the pricing trend of project A-bodies lately? I'd say in the last couple months i've seen the pricing of projects go buck nutty. Is there a new addition to the water I don't know about?

The price of average basket cases with no engines or trannys = $1K-$1500!
The price of all 3 Darts we have sold in the last 6 months (67, 69, 75) 4 door cars, 2 rust free, 1 half restored, all running drivers, 2 of them show winners =
All sold for around $2500.
Makes no sense.
If you want fun buy Mopar but investment wise, you're lucky to break even money on sale and if you have had a while and made improvements you'll loose money. (This is based on Daily Drivers somtimes showing) Not concourse cars!!
If you want a good investment for the average guy, buy silver. Another benifit of silver, it will be easier to make change in trading after the dollar fails!:-D

The price of average basket cases with no engines or trannys = $1K-$1500!
The price of all 3 Darts we have sold in the last 6 months (67, 69, 75) 4 door cars, 2 rust free, 1 half restored, all running drivers, 2 of them show winners =
All sold for around $2500.
Makes no sense.
If you want fun buy Mopar but investment wise, you're lucky to break even money on sale and if you have had a while and made improvements you'll loose money. (This is based on Daily Drivers somtimes showing) Not concourse cars!!
If you want a good investment for the average guy, buy silver. Another benifit of silver, it will be easier to make change in trading after the dollar fails!:-D

Silver is a good idea but what is guaranteed to never ever become worthless? Food, Water, Guns, Ammo, and know how.

Exactly why I have no plans of letting go of my Duster.Took me 5 years to find one in my area.Im currently doing the body work on it,but it is by no means going to be a show car.I want to be able to drive it anytime,anywhere.I think since Roadrunners,Challengers,Cudas ,Chargers,etc are getting more and more expensive and scarce ,A-bodies will probably soon be up there as they become much more harder to find.What I dont understand is how much more expensive a 69-72 Chevelle(non Super Sport) is on the market next to a
Duster,Dart,Demon
There was a 71 Chevelle non SS in my area,no motor,tranny,rust up the yang,interior shot as hell and the guy wanted $4000 for it .If they are decent,not a frame off resto,I see them go for $9000.

I was refering to the batty prices I keep seeing, the prices that come out of left field...silver /6 notchback Fish barely road worthy, cancer and in need of a full blown resto for 10k.That's just an example, I see them pop up on craigslist with screwball prices all the time now, and I can think of one or 2 on here that have been posted that made me shake my head.....the title is sarcastic. I know they don't sell, I dont think anyone is that retarded to over pay like that.

-
Back