Sealer Color for White Finish?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
For the body and paint guys here, what color sealer would you use for a single stage white top coat? I guess a white sealer would be the intuitive answer, but I'm wondering if that would make it tougher to gauge the coverage of the single stage top coat - especially for a total paint newbie like me.

Looks like my particular sealer comes in white, light gray, and dark gray. I'm inclined to go with light gray, but was wondering what you all thought. Thank you.

From a coverage standpoint to see what your doing light gray. After your 1st coat you'll be back to painting like you had white sealer on there.

I painted 4 cars/limos for GM/Hess and Eisenhardt a night. By far, white was the hardest color to see going on. The clear wasn't any easier. I'd use a gray sealer.

Please forgive my ignorance when it comes to paint.......but.....

Would a silver color sealer add any "pop" to the white when you would spray over it?

:realcrazy:

Seal it white and paint it white. Sealer is cheap, paint is not. Watch the paint as it's going on and you're not going to have any issues. I spray GM 8624 about 8 times a week and seal with white with no issues.

Lots of opinions and great points. Thanks for the input. I'm excited to started getting some color on this turd.

-
Back