Sealer fuel lines

-

moparisbest

Reaction score
Just wanted to get a ideal what you all are using to seal fuel lines AN fittings name and price of product

I use a little of ARP Thread Sealer on mine. You an get it from Summitt for $10

I don't use anything, the 37 degree AN fittings are self sealing, same as hydraulic lines.

ABSOLUTELY NO SEALER should ever be needed on ANY flare type fitting, whether AN, SAE, or inverted.

I don't use anything, the 37 degree AN fittings are self sealing, same as hydraulic lines.

I'm not talking about the flared side I'm talking about the pipe thread side like the side that you would screw into the fuel pump . The side that you screw the flared fitting to needs no sealer

"Pipe." So you are sealing pipe fittings, not AN fittings. Any liquid teflon pipe sealer available at almost any real parts store or plumbing shop. Be careful not to overtighten pipe, as they are tapered and will crack the fitting or whatever it screws into

NPT threads, go to our local hardware, plumbing store.
Buy natural gas rated teflon tape, it is usually yellow or pink.
When you wrap the threads leave the tape at least 2-3 threads away from the end of the fitting. This will prevent the tape from ending up in you carb.

Liquid teflon is nice but you need to let is set up for 24 + hrs, and it will harden for a few months.
If you have to remove the fitting a year from now you have this half pasty dried mess to clean from the threads.

I'm on board with teflon tape. Try to keep it down to two wraps.

Also worth noting on tube fittings, whether it be SAE, JIC or whatever, use a lil anti-seize on the threads and the backside of the tube flare.

-
Back