Sealer primer or not?

-

ClarkDart70

Street Machines Limited
Reaction score
Hello,
I will be laying down my gray 2K primer before wet sanding for the final white BC/CC. My question is, do I need a sealer over the 2K for white paint?
I don't want yellow spots. All the prework was bringing the entire car down to bare steel, doing bodywork with Evercoat (light blueish/white color) and then hitting the bare steel with green etch primer.
Will the 2K be sufficient to seal all of this in?

Clark

I always use a 2 part epoxy sealer compatible with the base coat over my primer for value shade continuity. I also spray epoxy sealer over the bare metal and then do my body work primer surfacer etc. creating a epoxy envelope around eny body work. But hey thats just me:happy1:

The 2k should be sealed for small sand throughs and scratchs as well as color hold out. I would sealer it with a 2k sealer also. I've seen it done with out but better safe than sorry, get your sealer in white, before you paint nub sand any dust or junk out of sealer.

I agree with pnk6pac thats how I do it on restoration stuff but on collsion I do use 2k urethane, both with good results, I find urathanes more spray friendly.

-
Back