Search function issues...or just me??

-

Rodzilla

Reaction score
I've been trying to do searches in small block and electrical areas and when I put in the word I want searched I get nothing found reply. For example searching msd (MSD) I get nothing?! Wth,,I know if I scroll thru the forum pape by page there are tons of msd threads. Something I could be doing wrong, it has worked before. I prefer to use the search function as apposed to bugging people with repeat questions, as much as I can anyway. thanks.

I have pretty good luck with Google. I just put in "A Bodies", "whatever the search is"

For example, many don't seem to know about the free shop manual download

So the search in Google is

"A bodies", "right click and save as"

This comes right up, very first hit:

https://www.google.com/search?num=2...1l0l11513l41l39l0l25l0l0l211l2328l0.13.1l14l0

If I'm searching for something I remember I previously posted, I put in my user name, comma "the search terms"

It does suck but, it seems all forums have the same kind of search. Its not like the admins can go lets make it better, that takes a lot of know how. just saying.

also for your MSD search you cant do a search on anything less than 3 characters with this particular search function. you could type msd ignition then at least you'll get some results.

Also if your hard pressed to find something on this forum you can actually use google to do a search of only the site you specify, in this case FABO.

Put this in your google search bar and it will search fabo for MSD
MSD site:www.forabodiesonly.com

replace MSD with anything else you desire and it will search it! :cheers:

Yes it doesn't pick up 3 letter words or less....Word had to be four letters or more to work!

-
Back