Searching for my car

-

Heli143

Reaction score
Hi guys (and girls)
I know this car is not a A Body but I have already posted in B Bodies/Dodge Charger forum.

I figured get as much exposure as possible. Hell, even Mark Worman from Graveyard Carz replied to me, which I though was pretty cool.

When I joined the Army in 1975 I left my 69 Charger R/T with my brother for safekeeping. Needless to say it would have been safer with badgers, as my brother traded it in for a Plymouth Duster!!!

It was a 1969 dodge Charger R/T, 440/6 pack combo, four speed, black vinyl top, green in color.

I would do just about anything to find this car again.
It was last seen at a used car dealer on Sunrise Highway, East Islip, NY (Long Island).
I do not have the VIN which would have allowed me to find out info on it quick.

Please, if anyone can help with information or possible information, let me know. I don't really want to build a tribute car, but that would be my last option.

Thanks in advance!!

Here is the only picture I currently have. Divorce is a biotch!!

Have you tried requesting a record search? Some states dispose of them after a time though. However, license plate registrations may be available via microfiche from your state library. Searching through it on the other hand... yeesh. Still that might get you to your vin.

Even better though is to get the plate number and year. Again, your state may have limitations on what info you can get. I know here, there are only certain things you can get info for, however as it was yours you are only accessing your own information for that year.

Here in Indiana registration was actually by county until a few years ago. Depending on your location at that time, even county records may have something.

Just to clarify, Chargers never came with a 440 6 pack option in 69.

wish I could find my old 62 Dart.....put a 426 4 speed in it in high school and was gone when I came back fro South east asia

-
Back