Seasonings???

Meat seasoning

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I used Montreal Chicken rub on tonight's chicken breasts... Mmmmmm....

Here's 24# of top round roast I'm cooking for a rehearsal dinner tomorrow evening! Used the aforementioned Worcestershire/garlic/cracked pepper/kosher salt rub! The house is gonna smell yummy all day, hope there's some left for the chef!! I'm carving at the dinner also, so ill probably have to taste test it, just to make sure its not poisoned or something!! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 147
On chicken, I like Pappy's Choice Seasoning.

http://www.pappyschoice.com/Product Page_Pappys Choice.htm

Sometimes I use Chaka's MMM sauce on chicken instead. It's really good if you marinate the chicken for 24 hours in this stuff.

For most steaks, I don't put much on them but some salt & pepper unless it's a flank steak, then I use my mom's marinade recipe that she has used for my entire life & then some.

Here's 24# of top round roast I'm cooking for a rehearsal dinner tomorrow evening! Used the aforementioned Worcestershire/garlic/cracked pepper/kosher salt rub! The house is gonna smell yummy all day, hope there's some left for the chef!! I'm carving at the dinner also, so ill probably have to taste test it, just to make sure its not poisoned or something!! :)

yes your deal WORKS! I also like the Cajun coonass seasonings, Tong C or Emeril's. I like the rubs on pork especially.
any type of fruit wood, pecan, apple, etc is great for the smoker.

I like ti cook country stle ribs, pork roast, in crockpot till falloing of the fork done, then after I have grilled other stuff, on the low smoky heat, let the roast sit there a nd let all the fat drain off and get htat good smokey flavor.
S.C. guy????? bad meat??? find a source of local grown. fattened out beef or GOOD pork. once ya find good source, buy a chest freezer and buy a qtr beef or whole hog at a time!!??????
WOW! all this food talk makes me want to go to the bank, take out a ;oan, hook up the car trailer, make trip to La. hunt a another project and eat Bodin balls till i'm sick!!??????????????? LOL no really!!

Well now, that depends!! I'm almost always a dry rub guy, but when I do the prime rib at Christmas, I rub it with Worcestershire first, then rub in a mixture of cracked pepper, kosher salt and fresh garlic and let it sit all morning!! Still, I voted dry rub!! Geof

Agreed, depends on the cut of meat.

Filet, rib eye, NY strips don't need anything on them but some salt or garlic salt and pepper if you cook them right. Knowing what to look for in a cut is REAL important.

Smoking can use help with both marinades/injections and rubs

Prime rib rack, we use some horseradish, salt, pepper, garlic and a couple other goodies mixed up as a rub.

I need to eat at Geof's house! :)

Agreed, depends on the cut of meat.

Filet, rib eye, NY strips don't need anything on them but some salt or garlic salt and pepper if you cook them right. Knowing what to look for in a cut is REAL important.

Smoking can use help with both marinades/injections and rubs

Prime rib rack, we use some horseradish, salt, pepper, garlic and a couple other goodies mixed up as a rub.

I need to eat at Geof's house! :)

Well, just come on by and we'll cook something up!!

Most people who don't know me very well also don't know that I went to culinary school to be a chef!! Yea, I know, chef Geof!! Anyway, my 2 favorite classes were butchery and charcuterie, which is the art of preserving meats! I find it incredibly fascinating to do things in the old world way, and am very interested in the art of cooking! And I agree wholeheartedly with not marinating or rubbing any fine cuts of meat! It is usually a roast or large bird that I will season, only because there is too much meat not to impart any flavor into somehow!! I was never an injection guy, although for preserving meats it is sometimes a necessity! I love smoked products of all kinds, although I don't smoke anything at home!! I was lucky enough to work in a variety of restaurants during my career that used all fresh foods, all hand cut meats, lots of tableside preparations, and all hands on procedures! I loved cutting up 6-8' sturgeon!!

In a weird twist of irony, for all my love of meats and charcuterie, I was the pastry chef!!!

I use Montreal Steak seasoning and olive oil, marinade for 24 hours, cook on grill with Mesquite wood and nearly frozen beer!

Dry rub unless cooking steak.I just put Adolphs meat tenderizer and rub olive oil on it

Recipes/preferences vary for different regions of the country and of the world for that matter.
Watch the show called Barbeque University on ETV. If it sounds good, try it. Variety is the spice of life.

-
Back