Seat Belt Cert Questions

-
The manufacture is allowed to date 6 months in the future, so you get 2 years after sitting on the shelf at the speed shop. That being said, send a set to RCI in Jan 23, received them back in 7 days, dated jul 23. I will always send mine in to get recert, especially since I use a cam lock belts.

The manufacture is allowed to date 6 months in the future, so you get 2 years after sitting on the shelf at the speed shop. That being said, send a set to RCI in Jan 23, received them back in 7 days, dated jul 23. I will always send mine in to get recert, especially since I use a cam lock belts.

I bought one set of latch type belts. Two days at the track and those were gone.

I bought the cam lock stuff and sent them in to recert. No way was I screwing with latch belts like that.

I've had my cam lock RJS belts recertified twice and it's way less than new. 60 bucks plus shipping. They can reuse all the metal components for 10 years . They replace the web and always ask if you want longer shorter or different color. Great people and way cheaper than new.

Probably one of the easiest things to get is a Summit Pro shop account. Join NHRA, IHRA, WDRA and just sent in the needed paperwork. Boom, you got it.

Something else I should add is once you get you summit account set up mail everything to Jegs as they used to have the same policy. I don’t buy enough from Jegs to follow through on that.

I bought one set of latch type belts. Two days at the track and those were gone.

I bought the cam lock stuff and sent them in to recert. No way was I screwing with latch belts like that.
I have a set of Crow belts, both sides, that are camlock. I will probably send them in to be recerted, if it's less than $100. Unfortunately, Crow used to be local, but they moved. Now I have to ship them
(Might send in passenger set too, then use it as driver side in my other car.)

I got my new G-Force belts from Summit this week. OOPS - they were dated for expiration in 12/25. So that means I was getting them with about 1-1/2 months missing from their life.

SHOUT-OUT to Summit: So I called Summit to "complain" about the date code. Summit showed once again why I buy most all of my stuff from them. Was told they would send me out a new set asap AND to just keep the 12/25 ones they had sent me. Talk about putting the customer first!!

I got a new set 36 hours later....dated 6/26!!! Yep - 4-1/2 months into the future!! Guess where I'll be buying any next hotrod parts I need?

I got my new G-Force belts from Summit this week. OOPS - they were dated for expiration in 12/25. So that means I was getting them with about 1-1/2 months missing from their life.

SHOUT-OUT to Summit: So I called Summit to "complain" about the date code. Summit showed once again why I buy most all of my stuff from them. Was told they would send me out a new set asap AND to just keep the 12/25 ones they had sent me. Talk about putting the customer first!!

I got a new set 36 hours later....dated 6/26!!! Yep - 4-1/2 months into the future!! Guess where I'll be buying any next hotrod parts I need?
Wow, nice customer service for something that was not their fault!

So as stated two friends and I just had ours done. Ended up being $90 each with shipping. Considering our belts are $180 a set now, I would say it was a good investment.

Wow! Good job, Summit

So as stated two friends and I just had ours done. Ended up being $90 each with shipping. Considering our belts are $180 a set now, I would say it was a good investment.
I might send my camlocks back to be recerted (too bad crow moved, used to be local). Never gonna happen with a latch-link set.

You can’t beat that deal when you and your buddies need belts. Divide up the shipping and you all win.

-
Back