Seat belt install....washers?

-

dano

Evil Handy Man
Reaction score
Circled in the picture below is a "Typical All" detail showing a seat belt bolt and washer and no seat belt. What is this trying to say? Is that a metal washer or anti-vibration washer? Does it go between the bolt head and the belt or the belt and the body?

This is what I'd call a "All detail left out for clarity" note.

Thanks in advance!

upload_2018-5-2_18-46-12.png

Last edited:
Don't think there IS a washer. I think "the washer" represents a depiction of "a typical" seat belt end attachment.

I got some bolts I was missing from someone on here. A few of the bolts were meant to be shared by two seat belts, so the collar was a little longer than needed. I went to the hardware store and bought some grade 8 washers to make up the difference. Used them for the back seats as much as I could where they wouldn't be seen.

I agree with other posts- am not aware of any application where any washers are used. I don't think the use of a washer is "typical".

I got the rear with the extra washers and anti rattle all lined out and installed. Looking at the front now and that detail stumped me. I do design and drafting for a living and that detail leaves a lot to be desired. Details are exactly that, your trying to convey your intent in a very controlled and detailed manner.

One thing you might do is wander over to MyMopar and see if they have a Mopar (original OEM) parts catalog for your car. They are hard for me to deal with, in a large pdf, but if you can wade through it, might give you the answer. There was a tremendous amount of "details" left out of the service manuals LOL

I have taken apart and reassembled plenty of this old stuff, and even newer mopar stuff. Never seen washers under any seatbelt bolts on anything i dissassembled. So i never put any on anything i reassembled. The special seatbelt bolts are shanked for a reason, the seatbelt tabs need to be able swivel a bit. In a collision this stuff needs to move around on the axis of the bolt shank as everything takes up tension when the belts are pulled against by people strapped in. In closing i would say theres a very good reason for them being mounted this way without washers under the bolt heads.

-
Back