Seat Belts....where to buy???

-

2darts

Reaction score
Looking at my seat belts in my 69 Dart convertable, bench seat and they are pretty faded.

Any suggestions where to buy and if they have any discount codes?

PG Classics have them for $445. a little pricey...I think,
Is this the going rate for a complete set.

Help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, 2darts

Thank you Bill, I'm also looking for a commercial sewing machine...;)

Thank you Bill, I'm also looking for a commercial sewing machine...;)

You will love owning one. When I was in the mattress business I had about 40 commerical sewing machines. I still have about a half dozen in storage and one that is still crated in the computer room.

One machine that is one tough bird is the Singer 111w series. I have sewn 7 layers of heavy leather with those machines. It will do two layers of vinyl but that is ablit as light as it will go. I used to find them floating around cheap.

Get to this guy...Upholstery Mods and More (Bill)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Upholstery-Mods-and-More/222424517824724?sk=wall&filter=12

He was in Tennessee when I dealt with him, Washington now. He doesn't seem to have much of a web presence, but he did all the belts for my Duster. I sent him all my stuff, he restored what he could, replaced what he couldn't, complete with repro chrysler labels. I don't remember the cost but I'm thinking it was less than that. One of the only subbed jobs on my restoration where I was not dispappointed with the guy.

Attachments

• seatbelts.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 243
Looking at my seat belts in my 69 Dart convertable, bench seat and they are pretty faded.

Ever thought about re-dying them if the belts are decent? You can clean the chrome latch parts with steel wool, use some interior dye to paint the plastic parts and dye the cloth part.

Anybody use clothing dye instead of spray paint?
I'm worried that the color rub's off

Anybody use clothing dye instead of spray paint?
I'm worried that the color rub's off

That's what I was getting at. Clothing dye for the fabric, and the spray dye for the buckles.

I have not tried it but it was just a thought. Could save you some dough in the long run.

I had my seatbelts re-done at seatbelt solutions in Jupiter, Florida. They did an awesome job, and they deal with alot of Canadian customers. I would recomend them to anyone! Check out their website, or call them on the phone. They will treat you right!!

Find ot if a set out of a 73 will work and Ill sell cheaper than prices on this thread.

1973 Dart Swinger.
They are black with black covers.

If you don't need perfect original bype check out Classic Industries push button style- $19 each- new- several colors-

I have been looking at this idea. 300 feet in a roll. I bet you might even have a sewing machine to sew it up.
I've wondered about that- we sell the stuff at work.

We even have a bit of bright pink- I've thought about getting a picture to see if anyone with a panther pink car wanted matching seatbelts lol.

PG Classics have them for $445. a little pricey...I think,
Is this the going rate for a complete set.

Thank you, 2darts

Buddy of mine restores seat belts

-
Back