Seat covers

-

West1545

Reaction score
Good morning. I have a black 1964 Valiant Signet convertible with black interior and I live in the central valley of California. The problen I have is the seats get extremely hot in the summer. I have a set of old and worn out sheepskin seat covers. I would like to replace them with something new but can't seem to find any. Does any one else have the "hot" seat problem and if so what are you using?

Yup, same problem. A towel laid across the seat while in the sun will help a bunch. We never bothered when we younger (and dumber), but may when we get the GTS done again, partly just to help things last longer.

Yup, same problem. A towel laid across the seat while in the sun will help a bunch. We never bothered when we younger (and dumber), but may when we get the GTS done again, partly just to help things last longer.
I've done the towels on the seats, but I would like something more permanent. It would ideal to get cloth or sheepskin seat covers but I haven't found anything for low back bucket seats.

An uphulstery shop could make seat covers that look stock but are made from black (for example) fabric rather than black vinyl

JC whitney used to offer those wooden beaded seat covers. Always wondered if they worked.
Only saw them in VW bugs and old volvos.
In the summer I can only drive my car at night b/c it gets so hot

-
Back