Seat foam flaking

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
Looks like I will have to wait another year or so to get upholstry kits and foam for the seats, in the mean time is there anything I can put on the underside of the seat to control the seat dandruff, the foam that flakes off and then is a bearcat to vacuum up? I was wondering about a spray glue, or hairspray or something just to stabilize the foam so it doesn't flake so much.
Thanks

pull the seats out and see if you can attach something to the seat springs, Plastic bag, Cardboard, Something just to keep it from falling on the floor.

Looks like I will have to wait another year or so to get upholstry kits and foam for the seats, in the mean time is there anything I can put on the underside of the seat to control the seat dandruff, the foam that flakes off and then is a bearcat to vacuum up? I was wondering about a spray glue, or hairspray or something just to stabilize the foam so it doesn't flake so much.
Thanks

I have used latex paint to stop that problem. Anything petroleum based might eat the foam and cause a mess when you do get the new buns.

I think the easiest thing to do would be cut a piece of cardboard out to fit the bottom of the seat, Pop some holes around the edge and wire tie it to the seat frame. It wont keep it from falling apart but will keep it off the carpet.

Previous owner of my dart stitched a burlap diaper like cover to underside of seat to control friable foam sawdust from making a mess. It does not accomplish the task very well as top down driving creates a bit too much air turbulence under seats, and the foam flakes disburse on carpet.

Keep your vacuum cleaner handy while saving up for new foam, and don’t spray anything onto seat springs that will be a PIA to remove. You will want to clean & paint all the innards of your seat once you have the new upholstery materials on hand, and not have additional mess of your own doing to deal with… LOL

I took a little different approach---looked around Craigslist and found a nice set of seats. I don't remember, less than 150, I think. If "I ever get rich" I might have the originals redone and back in. These things are comfortable as it gets, for me

attachment.php

attachment.php

-
Back