Seat frame/slider question

-

nasty69

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little help this morning on some bucket seat frames. Is there a link to a thread or does any of you have the measurments of the seat frame/slider for the bucket seat on a 69 valiant? Ive just puchased some used seats for the Plymouth and Id like to know if they'll match up to these seats. Any help would be appreciated

Ive just puchased some used seats for the Plymouth and Id like to know if they'll match up to these seats. Any help would be appreciated

It would be much easier to help you if you would post pics of what you purchased...

All I need is the dimensions of the seat frame Xed out bolt 2 bolt. They're mustang svo seats

Did your seats come with their own sliders?

You're going to have to make custom brackets, there's really no way around that. The likelihood of your SVO seats bolting to a set of A body sliders is about nil. So, you'll either need to adapt the seats to a set of A body sliders (which I wouldn't do if you don't already have a set), or adapt the SVO sliders to the floor of your Valiant. The latter route is probably a lot easier, and less expensive. A-body bucket seat tracks sell for stupid money.

I put a set of Summit Sport buckets into my Duster. They have the sliders built into the seat. I used Summit's install kit, but really all that amounted to was a couple pieces of 2" angle. There''s a few different brackets shown in this thread. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=263535

Not SVO seats, but more than likely similar to what you'll need to do.

I don't understand folks making a issue of bolt hole locations.
maybe they don't have a drill.
The real issue with any alternate seats is in the fit between door and tunnel, width, height, level.

I don't understand folks making a issue of bolt hole locations.
maybe they don't have a drill.
The real issue with any alternate seats is in the fit between door and tunnel, width, height, level.

Well, there is the matter of the reinforcing plates on the floor. Of course if it wasn't a bucket seat car originally it doesn't have those either. It is nice not to have a several different sets of holes in the floor though. And it's not like the floor pan is flat either, so that does comes into play too.

But no, it doesn't have to be as hard as some folks make it.

-
Back