Seat interchange?

-

ne57

Reaction score
Is there a resource that explains what bucket seats/rear seats swap between what years/models? Either directly or with moderate work?

I've got a bench seat now and at some point will want buckets. I have no need for 'correct' parts, just good looking, comfy seats with a 60's look. If Coronet buckets for example will fit my Dart I have no problem not being 'original'.

thanks

I dont know of such a resource. I do know buckets from a larger car are usually wider. I put 67 Fury buckets in our first Barracuda. They hit the center console and the door panels. Once the door was closed you couldn't get a hand on the seat belt. The seat wouldn't move forward either.
And rear benches are even more challenging. Not even all a-body rear benches are interchangeable let alone thos from other models.
Good luck

When it came to my 64, what I wanted was comfort, so what I did was I went to a Lexus dealership and measured the front and rear seating and when I found out they were the size I needed I bought the ones I liked from a salvage yard. They are Charcoal leather buckets and rear seat. They are much lighter and more comfortable then the original seats with the metal springs feel. They are now 15 years old.
Signet011.jpg

Signet005.jpg

Wow that looks great. Do you remember what model/year the lexus was? How did the installation go? Fab brackets or something? I hate to be a copycat but that looks like the answer for me. Many thanks!

Basically any hi dollar Japanese 4 door will fit the rear seats practically perfect and the front seats I just made an 1/2 inch aluminum brackets, its been years but what I'll do is take photos around Tuesday if that's not too late and post them. The reason is I am very busy with another project besides the weather turned cold and I got so many things in the fire.

I know this tread is old...but I'm really interested as to what year and model the lexus seats were from? I'm looking at a set of Lexus seats but don't know if they will if. Can you response or PM me with any additional information and/or pictures? Any help would be great! Thanks

-
Back