seat problem

-

russhal

Reaction score
I have a nice set of buckets to go in my 71 dart but when I ran the numbers they're out of a 70 charger. Will the tracks work? Or should I use the seats with a-body tracks? Or just get a-body seats? Thanks for the input

Last edited:
Can't tell ya if the b body tracks will work or not. But I recently put some bucket seats from a old van in my duster. Had to make brackets/use spacers/drill holes. I'm assuming you will as well with the b body seats. How much work do you want to do? You can probably make em work

measure the stud spacing on the tracks you have and find out

Not sure what the spacing is supposed to be. My car is a factory bench seat car.
Yup, you're going to have to drill the floor anyway even with A body buckets or not

1970 & early 1971 bucket seat frames are all the same, A, B or E body, they just used different foam & upholstery depending on the application.

Do your seats have the separate hinge covers?

1970 B-body tracks are a lot taller than the a-body tracks & the 1971 B-body tracks.

1970 & early 1971 bucket seat frames are all the same, A, B or E body, they just used different foam & upholstery depending on the application.

Do your seats have the separate hinge covers?

1970 B-body tracks are a lot taller than the a-body tracks & the 1971 B-body tracks.
Yes they do have hinge covers. I was going to buy new foam and 71 dart covers

I may have a set of the correct A tracks here, I'll look. Got a photo of your B-tracks?

If you can check the Charger seats for broadcast sheets also, that would be great. They could be tucked in the bottom springs or inside either of the removable backs.

20170617_153518.jpg
20170617_153510.jpg

20170617_153510.jpg

1970 B-body tracks too.

What is the VIN on the sheet you found?

I found my 1970 A body tracks, they are soaking in the parts washer now so I'll get photos later.

1970 - early 1971 A-body bucket seat tracks. One mounting stud needs to be replaced. Will you be coming to the Carlisle show next month?

1970 - early 1971 A-body bucket seat tracks.JPG

1970 - early 1971 A-body bucket seat tracks. One mounting stud needs to be replaced. Will you be coming to the Carlisle show next month?

View attachment 1715058419
Unfortunately I won't. I live in southeast Alabama. Long drive for me. What do you have in mind? I have some friends that are retired that may go. They've been before. I'll check with them.

Trading tracks would help greatly. The broadcast sheet is in great shape. You are welcome to it.

OK, sounds like a plan then. If you can not find anyone coming to the show from down your way, mail is an option. I know from experience that it costs over 30 bucks though, these do not fit in flat rat boxes. I have tried. ;-)

OK, sounds like a plan then. If you can not find anyone coming to the show from down your way, mail is an option. I know from experience that it costs over 30 bucks though, these do not fit in flat rat boxes. I have tried. ;-)
Give me a couple of days to figure it out. If mail becomes the way to go, I can ship the tracks and broadcast sheet to you. You can wait till you get the tracks and use the same box to return to me. I'm not in a hurry. Just getting my pieces together. We can work out what I owe through paypal before you.

Carlisle is just under 4 weeks away so you have plenty of time to check around. :)

Apparently I'm not keeping up with the shows like I should. I have 6 friends going to Carlisle! When it get closer we'll figure out the details. Thank you so much for your help.

-
Back