Seat track questions!

-

Grumpy Pete

Reaction score
Alright guys, I feel pretty dumb but I cannot figure out how these tracks should properly go. They are 66 dart seats going into my 65 barracuda. (To allow for a coffin console) Sadly, I do not even have the original holes in my replaced floor to match them up with.

Is there a drivers/passenger difference and does the rail with the lever goe toward the center or the doors of the car? I could scarcely even find pictures of any seat bottoms with rails attached.

(Ignore the cat in the seat lol)

Thank you for the help!

2554BD8B-1066-4050-AE00-072E6FBE6C83.jpeg

387A97E0-C5C7-4193-85A2-471FD4CA4A50.jpeg

D258A2F8-AE56-4771-A066-6639203C6FFF.jpeg

The release lever goes toward the door on both seats. In most cases the tracks are the same for left and right seats. When the tracks are switched around to serve on a right seat the cross wire from inboard to outboard tracks was routed differently.

Is there a drivers/passenger difference and does the rail with the lever goe toward the center or the doors of the car? I could scarcely even find pictures of any seat bottoms with rails attached.

View attachment 1715280498

View attachment 1715280499

View attachment 1715280500

I am also using 66 seats in my 65 Dart wagon. I “think” the seats are the same or at least really close. I could take a pic of the passenger side bottom with the tracks if that would help. The tracks with the adjuster are side specific and the adjuster knob always goes to the outside towards the door.

I am also using 66 seats in my 65 Dart wagon. I “think” the seats are the same or at least really close. I could take a pic of the passenger side bottom with the tracks if that would help. The tracks with the adjuster are side specific and the adjuster knob always goes to the outside towards the door.

I think a picture would help quite a bit if it isn’t too much work. I am not entirely sure how to tell which side is would be driver/passenger? I mean, may even have them installed correctly, but they do not even remotely sit level on the floor.

-
Back