Seat tracks or parts

-

MOPARMIKE55

I/J CM
Reaction score
Is there a year span that all the parts inside the seat track are the same? Looking for parts to repair passenger bucket seat on a 1968 Dart.

Not sure but if i had to guess i bet bench seat sliders and rollers are probably the same or similar to bucket seat parts if your looking for the mechanical guts to fix yours.

Not sure but if i had to guess i bet bench seat sliders and rollers are probably the same or similar to bucket seat parts if your looking for the mechanical guts to fix yours.
Beats me why nothing could just be the same across the board but... this also varied. There are 2 different shapes of the tracks and metal roller cages, followed by those with plastic roller cages. The wider lower profile tracks just might be bench seat specific. I don't know when or where the differences are. I'll try to get into my stash and see if I have extra rollers and cages correct for this application.

Beats me why nothing could just be the same across the board but... this also varied. There are 2 different shapes of the tracks and metal roller cages, followed by those with plastic roller cages. The wider lower profile tracks just might be bench seat specific. I don't know when or where the differences are. I'll try to get into my stash and see if I have extra rollers and cages correct for this application.

Redfish, Thanks for your input! If you can find the parts, that would be great!I just need one cage and roller.

From left to right, a early bucket seat track, a early bench seat track ( both the same track design ), then the later model track design that could have plastic cages. I have yet to lay hands on the cages and rollers ( found the later plastic type but not the metal ones ).

seat tracks.JPG

Since I can't add pic to PM... Is this all you need? I have springs and things too.

seat track rollers.JPG

Ben, I went back and looked at the YouTube for mopar seat repair by
MoparRestorationParts and the rollers look more like the one in his videos.
OK then. I looked at his video
Never seen that roller cage before but... who has seen everything? Those that I offered are identical to whats in my 67 a-body tracks. So maybe they stretched the cage a bit, offset the side balls, before totally redesigning the tracks. Maybe a larger seat like in a Charger ( subject of video ) always did have a longer roller cage.
Good luck

Last edited:
OK then. I looked at his video
Never seen that roller cage before but... who has seen everything? Those that I offered are identical to whats in my 67 a-body tracks. So maybe they stretched the cage a bit, offset the side balls, before totally redesigning the tracks. Good luck

Ben, I have worked for Dodge and Chrysler dealerships for over 30 years and on many other brands of car and trucks, your statement is so true. I guess we will have to try and make it work, so send me what you have. Thanks for all your time on this, Mike

-
Back