Seats

-

1970duster440

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Have any of you used the Scat/Procar bucket seats that Summit sells. How's the quality,look and will they fit an a body?

ive been thinking of these. look nice. i guess someone has to be the guinea pig. the new foam and covers for my car at year one comes up to over $500. screw that!!

Same here. I have 71 cuda buckets that need foam and covers to the tune of $450 each plus then I have to pay to have them installed. I'm going to hold out a few more days to see if anyone has input before I order.

If your about 5'9 or shorter they might fit you fine, but for us taller guys the upper part of the seat that flares out makes things very uncomfortable to sit in when it's wedged in your shoulder blades. I'd find a auto parts store that has them in stock and sit in one first, Pep boys, Kragens, etc all have them.
I think they were really made for the ricer crowd, which would explain why it's build for a smaller driver.

Same here. I have 71 cuda buckets that need foam and covers to the tune of $450 each plus then I have to pay to have them installed. I'm going to hold out a few more days to see if anyone has input before I order.

If you're interested in stock seat covers there is a guy on ebay who has really good prices on Ledgendary upholstery. I know he's a lot cheaper than The Paddock & Layson's. A set of all four door panels for my car is $314.50 & the shipping charge is $1. The seller is called A1 Customs.
I just checked & the "Buy It Now" price for 70 & 71 Cuda & Challenger seat upholstery is $265 with $10 shipping. The foam is $185 plus $15 shipping for a full set (2 backs & 2 seats) for both front seats. To compare, I just checked last year's Layson's catalog & the seat foam was $119 per seat & the seat upholstery was $310 for the pair.

I replaced all my seat covers from YearOne but... First I called them and got their best price, then called Legondary and gave them a change to beat it, they did. Then YearOne beat Legondarys best price and so on. Saved 155 bucks with a few phone calls.
Bought a hog ring plier and pkg. of 200 rings, aresol adhesive, and a few yards of muslin fabric. Installed all this myself. Dunno what I saved there. It aint easy but it aint rocket science either.

I went with these from Summit. I'm a skinny 6'02" and they feel pretty good but time behind the wheel will tell.

seatsinstalledimg.jpg

The one's I'm talking about aren't the racing seats. They offer 3 styles that are regular seats.

sca-80-1000-51_w_m.jpgsca-80-1100-51_w_m.jpgsca-80-1300-51l_w_m.jpg
Like these.

sca-80-1000-51_w_m.jpg

sca-80-1100-51_w_m.jpg

sca-80-1300-51l_w_m.jpg

sca-80-1000-51_w_m.jpg

sca-80-1100-51_w_m.jpg

sca-80-1300-51l_w_m.jpg

one of my customers has the ones on the left in his 69 camaro. i have driven the car and they felt comfortable for driving about 1/2 hour. longer than that i couldn't tell you.

one of my customers has the ones on the left in his 69 camaro. i have driven the car and they felt comfortable for driving about 1/2 hour. longer than that i couldn't tell you.

How did they look? Decent quality?Built to last awhile? Did they appear to be worth $275 each? Would you buy them? Just your honest opinion. Thanks

the quality looked pretty good. yes, i would buy them. holds you in around the corners. think how much stock seats cost to get redone. these are a great price for what you get. you could also get them upholstered to mathc your stock rear seat.

the quality looked pretty good. yes, i would buy them. holds you in around the corners. think how much stock seats cost to get redone. these are a great price for what you get. you could also get them upholstered to mathc your stock rear seat.

Thanks for your opinion. I will probably order a set in the next couple weeks.

-
Back