Seattle to Eugine?

-

Rob

Reaction score
Any of you good Washington people know how long it takes to drive from Seattle to Eugine, Oregon?

I5 South roughly 5 hrs not counting dealing with all the Oregon drivers, hippies on bikes and any construction that ODOT is/has been doing for the last 5000 years.

So 5 hrs on a good day plus we have to take the ferry, either the Port Angeles or the Anacortes, not sure which would be better.

Thanks JR

So 5 hrs on a good day plus we have to take the ferry, either the Port Angeles or the Anacortes, not sure which would be better.

Thanks JR

If you go through Port Angeles get a spot on the ferry reserved a little while before you go, it fills up pretty fast. Also do you have the new drivers license/passport card thingy? The guy that is bringing the 56 Olds down from Canada had to get one in order to come to the US and that takes 10ish days to get.

take the anacortes ferry, you'll get to I-5 quicker. otherwise you won't get to the freeway until you get to tacoma unless you hop on another ferry.

I got some good news, the guy is willing meet us in Seattle so that saves a ton of time x2. The stupid DL/passport thing is a bit of a problem but we're working on it

take the anacortes ferry, you'll get to I-5 quicker. otherwise you won't get to the freeway until you get to tacoma unless you hop on another ferry.

Great, good to know, I'm sure you need to reserve for that as well

Thanks guys

Great, good to know, I'm sure you need to reserve for that as well

Thanks guys

no reservations on Wa. state ferrys but this time of year you're likely to miss 1 or 2 because of overload, at least on the Kingston and Bainbridge runs.

OK, Rob....gonna let the rest of us in on what's up???? ;-)

Nothing to exciting, my son is looking for a bigger rig and the prices are just a lot better in the States.

no reservations on Wa. state ferrys but this time of year you're likely to miss 1 or 2 because of overload, at least on the Kingston and Bainbridge runs.

I just checked the schedule and the Anacortes doesn't work very well, leaves here at 11:35 which is kind of late, the Coho to Port Angeles leaves at 6:10 so maybe that would be better and meet the guy in Tacoma instead? Taking the BC ferry and then waiting at the border for who knows how long is a crappy option.

I guess my next question is how long does it take to get from Port Angeles to Tacoma and is it a straight through drive or is it a nightmare with smaller ferry runs? I found a mileage chart that said 110 miles so I would like to think a couple hours but I don't know if it's that straight forward?

Port Angeles to Tacoma takes about two hours on a good day, longer if traffic is heavy. You won't have to take any ferries either, it's driving all the way from Port Angeles to the floating bridge to the Kitsap peninsula, then down thru Bremerton and across the Narrows bridge straight to I-5.

If you go through Tacoma you will need $4 cash or debit/credit card to get across the Narrows bridge.

If you go through Tacoma you will need $4 cash or debit/credit card to get across the Narrows bridge.

Well that's good to know, thanks, can't remember the last time I went through a toll booth

Ya, probably a good 2 hours from Port Angeles to Tacoma. You'll be driving right on by me in Gig Harbor (where the toll booth is). Thanks for helping pay for our new bridge!

Ya, probably a good 2 hours from Port Angeles to Tacoma. You'll be driving right on by me in Gig Harbor (where the toll booth is). Thanks for helping pay for our new bridge!

Think nothing of it, it's the least I could do :-D

Looks like we'll be going down middle of next week if Sean can get all the paper work sorted out, no shortage of hassles bringing a vehicle back across the border. It's a nice looking truck, 5 ton rollback

Yes, new bridge. They have converted the old Tacoma Narrows bridge to four lanes heading west. The new bridge is four lanes heading east to Tacoma. I don't know if you had ever experienced the hours long back-ups with the single old bridge, but I will say that I am glad to pay the toll for no traffic. Rob, what are you bringing home?

We're bringing back a 5 ton rollback (tow truck), my son has a couple tow trucks and it's time for a bigger truck as business is starting to grow.

I5 South roughly 5 hrs not counting dealing with all the Oregon drivers, hippies on bikes and any construction that ODOT is/has been doing for the last 5000 years.
Coming from a Washington driver I'll take that as a compliment.

-
Back