Secondaries hesitation when hot

-

Marcelo Dart BR

Reaction score
Well, I noticed when my engine gets hot (180-190º) and I step on the gas opening the secondaries quickly, the engine hesitates and then goes ok. It happens when I'm driving slowly and step on the gas to wot. When it's not fully warmed up it doesn't hesitate at all.

The carb is a holley double pumper 650. I changed the squirter to 32 on the primaries I think, and the secondaries are stock (28). The jets are 69-75.

The engine is a 318 with the mopar 528 cam. Timing is 22 initial and 36 total. All in 2500 rpm.

I think it's something with the secondary squirter, but I don't know if it's too small or big.

Thanks
Marcelo

I would try raising the secondary squirter size.

i agree with strokerscamp if you roll on the throttle slow with the car off does it give a good shot or dribble .??holly have a lot of adjustments you can do before buying parts.

It gives a good shot on both. I'll try to interchange the ones I have, putting the bigger one on the secondaries to see what happens.

I'm running an electric fan now, and the car runs hotter than before with the stock fan. With the stock fan it was running at 150-160º and there was no hesitation.

one thing to check is that the linkage is adjusted correctly on both pumps...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Nx5HEzvlY"]Mr. CarbTune's Garage - Accelerator Pump Tuning - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back