Secondaries not opening on thermoquad

-

Cevidicus

CevidiGrinch
Reaction score
What would cause the secondaries to not open? Carb recently rebuilt but it was doing same thing before rebuild.

Any ideas? We are at a loss

Thanks,

C

1. Can you open them manually by poking the butterflies with some long, thin object? Just to check if you have something to blocking them?

2. How do you know they are not opening?

if its like an eddie the 45 degree angle rod that links the secondaries to the primaries, if installed backwards, wont let them open either.

When i was putting carpet in my valiant under dashboard for some reason i pressed the gas pedal down and notice the plate the pedal is mounted to would flex like a good 1/4 inch. I put something under it and what a difference it made in performance. Just something to check. My .02

X2 on choke interlock, also make sure your base gasket isn't fouling them (which can be bad if it ever hangs them open).

Is there not a spring to tighten up the air door, i know if it is to loose the secondaries will not work, and they will not open at all if the primary door is not all the way open , or linkage could be wrong .I tell you what i did after 25 to 30 years of screwing with them , i put an edelbrock on mine.

-
Back