Secondaries stuck

-

04 Diesel

Reaction score
I got this Holley carb from a swap meet, the secondaries will not move. I have been trying to get them to move for 2 weeks and they wont budge. I even took carb apart, soaking it with PB and nothing.

Have you tried tapping (lightly!!!) on the secondary linkage?
Sometimes a little shock can get things moving.

Do you have the primary blades open fully( I know, grade school question...just asking)?

have you tried removing the base plate with the butterflies and put it in the oven at 150° - 250° for a while to see if it will free up? Remember to use oven mitts to handle it after heating.

have you tried removing the base plate with the butterflies and put it in the oven at 150° - 250° for a while to see if it will free up? Remember to use oven mitts to handle it after heating.

Great idea, its in the oven now.

Wow, the oven stinks now, wife wont like that. I did get them to move a little bit now. I did some tapping with a nail set and hammer and it did move, I also was able to get a flat screw driver in there and pry them some but I am afraid I am going to hurt something. They are stuck open about a 1/8 inch, but still are not moving now.

Heat it in the oven @ about 300F, drop it in the penetrating oil whilst hot?

-
Back