Secondary diaphragm housing gasket

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I am changing my secondary spring to a lighter one to as you know to open them up a bit faster a tuning thing.There are 3 pics one with a gasket that does not cover very much on the housing to seal,or I can use a rubber o ring that sits in the housing and is above the top enough to seal.When I pulled the housing off lost the gasket,so not sure witch way to go.In my old instructions #105 says gasket, does it sit flat on the housing or in the reset of the housing.

Attachments

• sony pic 763.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 108
  • sony pic 764.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 93
  • sony pic 765.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 103
the flat cork gskt, most resembles what is supposed to be there, if not in fact, the right one.. try the flat one first,, but I bet either will work fine.. put a little blob of grease on both sides,,

Thanks for the quick reply,the gasket in the pic is one I pulled out of a trick kit I have so not sure if its the right one,but I do agree booth should work.Anyone else care to reply.

Just so's ya knows,, I dont even have a spring in my secondaries,, with gears and everything else,, it's absolutely perfect .. no bog.. no hesitation,, it just squats and goes like heck.. BUT you MUST make sure that the piece of linkage on the driver's side, that connected to the secondaries, absolutely shuts the rear throttle plates when at idle,, requires a little tweek with a pair of pliers,, cuz with no spring, that's the only thing closing the secondaries,.. do it gently (bend).... try it,, you may like it.. I sure did..

Just so's ya knows,, I dont even have a spring in my secondaries,, with gears and everything else,, it's absolutely perfect .. no bog.. no hesitation,, it just squats and goes like heck.. BUT you MUST make sure that the piece of linkage on the driver's side, that connected to the secondaries, absolutely shuts the rear throttle plates when at idle,, requires a little tweek with a pair of pliers,, cuz with no spring, that's the only thing closing the secondaries,.. do it gently (bend).... try it,, you may like it.. I sure did..

Interesting tip may try it one day.

Yep had that once sure mad tuning the sec real pain free.Once I get a nice 750 I plan on it thanks the part number is good to save.

hay....I gotta 750 with one of them on it.

...and just so's you knows.....if you can feel the secondaries comin in, you're slower than you could be otherwise.

-
Back