See what followed us home!

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Well, just when I thought I would finally get a chance to start on my '48 Ford F1 pickup rat rod, this thing followed Aaron and me home. The best part about this project is Aaron is paying for it with his own money earned with a part-time job. :D

It is a 1974 Gold Duster

GoldusterFRONT.JPG
Goldusterrear.JPG
Goldusterrf.JPG
Goldusterlf.JPG
Goldusterlr.JPG
Goldusterrr.JPG
Goldusterrt.JPG

This car has:
slant six
automatic
disk brakes
power steering
folding rear seat
A/C
vinyl top

Problems encountered so far:
engine was pulled, so it is in my pickup bed
passenger floor has a couple of rust holes
headliner is ragged out
front bench seat is worn out
vinyl top caused a little rust on a-pillar
minor dings in right fender, quarter panel, and tail panel

Aaron just got started pulling things apart today, so we don't know what else we will stumble upon. Overall, the car is in very decent shape and should not take much to get it road ready. The plan is for Aaron to spend this next year, while he is attending our local community college, to get it ready for his transfer to Texas A&M University next fall. Basically, we have a one-year deadline to finish it.

We'll keep you posted on the progress,
Jerry

GoldusterFRONT.JPG

GoldusterFRONT.JPG

Goldusterrear.JPG

Goldusterrear.JPG

Goldusterrf.JPG

Goldusterrf.JPG

Goldusterlf.JPG

Goldusterlf.JPG

Goldusterlr.JPG

Goldusterlr.JPG

Goldusterrr.JPG

Goldusterrr.JPG

Goldusterrt.JPG

Goldusterrt.JPG

Good to see another car saved!! Hope he enojoys the new project....oh yeah...keep the progress pics coming! :)

Strange, I don’t see any “problems” at all.
It has front disk and a fold down seat.
That fold down seat is worth its weight in “gold” (ugh) if he plans to actually use this car.
I can get everything from eight-foot 2X4s to fenders in mine.
I carry a good heavy drop cloth to protect my interior and use mine like some people use a SUV.
Perfect for collage.

followed ya home huh.its always doing that. please send it back home . 100 dollar reward. lol

That will make a great college vehicle, good on gas, disc brakes and a fold down seat to boot. :cheers:

Way to go Aaren !! You have found a great old gold duster.:cheers:
it looks very clean and all the glass looks good too.
Enjoy this great protect and give the old man a
pat on the back for being the best.:toothy10:

Looks like a nice find. I bought one for my daughter some years ago. It was a very safe dependable driver. Howard

It was bound to happen if you regularly drive around with a nice car trailer all the time :)

Nice solid find. Looks like it will make for a nice dependable driver. And if Aaron puts some sweat equity into it, it will be more appreciated. Have fun!

Grant

Nice find...I would have had to run home first and unload the shotgun before I told my wife it followed me home!

Sorry, daredevil, we made the mistake of feeding it, so it made itself at home and seems to want to stay.
icon10.gif

Rob, I'm not so sure about the "good on gas", because Aaron's plan is to transplant a 360 V8. Since he already has a slant six, he is dieing to build a V8 car.

For the first order of business, Aaron wants to get the engine bay stripped down, blasted, and painted. He already has a pile of new suspension parts sitting in his bedroom floor - paid for out of his own pocket.
icon14.gif

For me, the rewarding part is that he learned so much from our rebuilding his Dart Sport. Now, he goes out and works on this Duster by himself.

Jerry

-
Back