Seed truck??

-
IMG_20190311_145110.jpg

I did not know poncho with chryslers help built a hemi.

427 Hemi SOHCEdit
This was a project started with the end goal of building a 427 Hemi.[citation needed]Pontiac asked Mopar (Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth) for help in designing it and making it work. Surprisingly, Mopar actually agreed and sent over several of the engineers that designed both the 392 and 426 Hemi. The goal of making a Pontiac Hemi succeeded but was never produced.

Features:

• Thin-wall, cast aluminum block
  • 4.342 in × 3 3⁄4 in (110.3 mm × 95.3 mm) bore x stroke [EDIT: 8 cylinders, each having a bore of 4.342 inch and a stroke of 3.75 inch, results in a displacement of 444.21 cubic inches (7,279.34 cc); the web page (located at Pontiac experimental V8 – 427 Hemi TOHC) for the Pontiac OHC 427 Hemi refers to it as a "TOHC" and lists the bore at 4.257 inch -- which, with a stroke of 3.75 inch, results in a displacement of very slightly more than 426.99 cubic inches (very slightly more than 6997.124 cc).]
  • 3 in (76.2 mm) main bearings
  • Forged steel 6.625 in (168.3 mm) rods (Ram Air V style)
  • 12:1 compression
  • Mechanical Port Fuel Injection
  • Large-valve heads (valve diameter): 2.4 in (61 mm) intake, 2 in (51 mm) exhaust
  • Small-valve high-RPM head (valve diameter) 2.19 in (56 mm) intake, 2 in (51 mm) exhaust
  • Splayed main caps, head bolts tie into main caps. Head bolts do not pull on the cylinder wall causing distortion.
  • Cam drive: fiberglass belt
  • Maximum RPM (high-RPM engine): over 8000 rpm[citation needed]
  • Engine weight: estimated 550 lb (249 kg) complete
  • Dimensions:
    • width 32 in (810 mm),
    • length 32 in (810 mm)
    • height 24.6 in (620 mm)
  • Power: estimated 640 hp (477 kW) at 7500 rpm

you gonna put the 350 badge on the Duster ? lol :D
There's some big black fuzzy dice on the passenger seat! I said I wanted them!?? He said " no way!" I've had those for so many years I can't remember... RATS!!
All I can find is those cheap small ish ones...
Edit: I don't need no stinking badges!!..lol

There's some big black fuzzy dice on the passenger seat! I said I wanted them!?? He said " no way!" I've had those for so many years I can't remember... RATS!!
All I can find is those cheap small ish ones...
Edit: I don't need no stinking badges!!..lol
Here's the dice in my son's dart, I think they're pretty cool.
20181111_161604.jpg
20181111_161604.jpg

Had a local offer for 22 cash. We'll see if he comes up with the money here in the next couple days. In the meantime something else just followed me home..
View attachment 1715302188
LOL...… HEHEHE … If "I" post somebody else's car, it's Jaws jawing all over me about the "camaro" I drove, and don't let it be about somebody else's car, has to be about my car.

2 days later, we've got a discussion about ………………. Jaws and somebody else's car....
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
:rofl:

A typical, daily occurrence with Jawsbendingvalvespostingpicturesforproof
screenshot_20190312-105427-png.png

giving new meaning to "J heads by J par"

:D

Last edited:
LOL...… HEHEHE … If "I" post somebody else's car, it's Jaws jawing all over me about the "camaro" I drove, and don't let it be about somebody else's car, has to be about my car.

2 days later, we've got a discussion about ………………. Jaws and somebody else's car....
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
:rofl:

A typical, daily occurrence with Jawsbendingvalvespostingpicturesforproof
View attachment 1715302736

giving new meaning to "J heads by J par"

:D
First of all can't we keep your lame bench racing on your bench racing thread? I haven't drove this car, I'm just getting it running for a customer you jackwheel! I'm not out here like you are saying how my friend's car will beat your car!? I don't start threads saying how I'm going to race somebody and then start posting pictures of other people's Camaros threatening to win the race with it? What could this possibly have to do with your bench Race?... And could you just copy and paste the picture of the car that I'm working on for a customer that I probably won't drive on your bench racing thread and we can discuss how lame the comparison is there please...

First of all can't we keep your lame bench racing on your bench racing thread? I haven't drove this car, I'm just getting it running for a customer you jackwheel! I'm not out here like you are saying how my friend's car will beat your car!? I don't start threads saying how I'm going to race somebody and then start posting pictures of other people's Camaros threatening to win the race with it? What could this possibly have to do with your bench Race?... And could you just copy and paste the picture of the car that I'm working on for a customer that I probably won't drive on your bench racing thread and we can discuss how lame the comparison is there please...
  • First of all, Jawin' J-head, I posted a picture of a Camaro in me and Jaba's race thread and said I was rodd'n some new muscle cars today (post 1149) Go read it, I didn't say it would beat anyone or I was going race anyone in my post. YOU suggested that in your post 1153 of that thread, and I played off of your response after that. :D
  • Second of all, Jaw'n J-head, If you can post pictures of your snowmobiles in our race thread, then I can post pictures of your bent valves in your seed truck thread, fair J-head ??
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whatever you need to do to justify yourself.. until you join the conversation here the thread kind of had a bit of a serious tone not completely but a bit where as your race thread is quite open ended... Well I admit I did give you a small nut Buster on your for race parts. Com thread I didn't get bananas...

^^^^^^ FINALLY ^^^^^ Jaw'n J-head kind of sort of admitted he may have started something...…. WHEEEEeeeeewwwwwwwwwHHHHHhhhh! Never seen a guy that starts something and cry "teacher" when having to drink his own medicine. And it's done weekly, right here on live display.... :D

wheeew.

^^^^^^ FINALLY ^^^^^ Jaw'n J-head kind of sort of admitted he may have started something...…. WHEEEEeeeeewwwwwwwwwHHHHHhhhh! Never seen a guy that starts something and cry "teacher" when having to drink his own medicine. And it's done weekly, right here on live display.... :D

wheeew.
:drama:you got your answer on your bench racing thread...

Yup, plenty of time to think about...1 truck set up for sleds only in the winter, so you and the miss's can leave AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE of advancing/incoming snow. And 1 truck available to haul wood/ groceries/ presents for the grandkids.....wait a minute, for a second there I thought I was trying to persuade MY WIFE...Disregard this post.

I'm.... being.... tempted.... But I'm in the Seattle area and all the good trucks are in Portland.... :)

and without a choke, 3 pumps..... :)

It's too cold there for him to paint the back bumper at the moment.

And yes, the price can reflect condition all the way.

:thumbsup:

How thirsty is it.
My last factory 440 truck 76 W-250 club cab got 4mpg at best, but it was a beast.

That truck is the ultimate fire wood hauling machine. That's exactly what I'd use it for if it were mine! That's what I need when I buy me a new truck so I don't tear up my new one with firewood dings. Lol I remember when I first got my 01 I have now it was so clean and straight and on the first load of wood I put a big dent in the bed rail right on top. My dad looked at me and laughed while I was cussing and fussing and said well it ain't new anymore. Haha

$2200 is a good price and leaves you with a nice profit. I hope it comes through for you!

Is that a ‘68 Lemans? 389?

66 was the last year for the 389, it's probably a 350, I think the 400 was not available in the Lemans.
SOLD $2200...

Thank you very much men! I can't tell you how great this worked out for everyone involved. The person I bought it from was able to get out from under it without it costing him more money to move it and still have no skills to get it working. For him it would have just been a massive Money Pit. For me to get it and do a few of the right things and be able to drive it around a little bit with my wife get firewood and go to the store a few times and go to work it was a Big Thrill and a nice little profit to start and try it again. Not only that, the paying some money to to big brother LOL. And now it's going to a new owner who's going to cherish it love it fix it up and make it his own at extremely reasonable price for what he has. In my opinion a very good and solid foundation for a classic truck. Not only one he can be proud of, but one he can seriously put to work. Again thank you everybody for your help and especially Jab for always keeping me encouraged and helping me out when I needed it!

Good work!! That's awesome I'm glad you was able to flip it that was pretty quick!

Good work!! That's awesome I'm glad you was able to flip it that was pretty quick!
to be honest like I was saying if I was in the market for that kind of truck I would have been very happy to pay 22 for it and its condition. I think another 22 put in the correct places would yield a nice solid $4,500 truck that would last somebody many many years to come..

-
Back