Seek God's Will in your prayers

-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score
This goes out to all my friends here at FABO. From time to time we get members here requesting prayers. I thought this might answer a few questions you may have regarding prayers. MMG

Seek God's will in your prayers

November 11, 2011 6:00 AM

Billy Graham

Q: What good does it do to pray about my problems? Nothing ever seems to happen, at least when I pray. Am I doing something wrong? — Mrs. L. McN.
A: Let me ask you a question in return: What exactly have you been asking God to do about your problems? Have you simply been asking Him to take them away? It’s not wrong to pray that He’ll do this — and sometimes He does. But we also need to realize that sometimes He has a different answer for us, if we’ll only receive it.
Let me explain. God loves us and wants us to bring our wishes and concerns to Him. When we do this, we can have confidence that He hears our prayers as we come to Him in the name of Jesus, our Savior. But how will God answer our prayers? Will He answer them exactly the way we want Him to? No, not necessarily, because we see only a small part of the picture. He sees the whole picture and knows what’s best for us. Often what we think is best actually isn’t.
This is why we need to pray most of all for God’s will to be done, and not just our own. The Bible says, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us” (1 John 5:14). Are you honestly seeking God’s will in your prayers?
Sometimes God answers our prayers very directly and clearly by taking away our burden. But sometimes He doesn’t. Instead, He answers by giving us the strength and courage to persevere and keep from being crushed by our burden. Never forget: God loves you, and His way is always best.
Send your questions to “My Answer,” c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; or visit www.billygraham.org.

Read more: http://www.gastongazette.com/articles/pray-63281-seems-nothing.html#ixzz1dRjNcQNG

Interesting you mention this. I know God is a really busy so I only seek His help on the big stuff, like getting this house I'm looking at. I didn't ask for money or a miracle, just His help getting this place if He feels it's right for me. I have complete and total trust and confidence in Him and His decisions.

God has no boundries. Your concerns are His,big or small. Try praying when you don't need anything just to give Him thanks and praise.

Amen to Prayer!!!!! I always end my prayers asking the LORD to help me keep HIS will for my life,It's HIS timing not mine and sometimes that's a hard one to swallow but never give up or in to this world,Because we are not of this world.--Steve

Well put Zigs and Swifter! My wife posted this on my Facebook page today as I am worrying about having a job next week. Gotta love a wife who loves the Lord!:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition present, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Guess we all have our opinions. I myself will stick with God.

Oh, BTW, thanks for the original post mmg, i agree with Billy Graham on this 100%

Thanks mmg. Encouraging, uplifting and refreshing.

I make no apologies for my faith nor am I ashamed of it. Fairy tale or not, if I'm wrong then all I've done is try to live a good and clean life but if I'm right ( and I'm positive I am )Then somebodies going to burn for ever and for ever is for ever. I also think this is one of those threads that is going to get pulled. It would be nice to have a chapel forum. You can take your concerns there, fellowship.

We will keep this a pro-religion thread for now. And no, sorry, there will not be a religion forum, it's been asked and answered already.

I'm with Guitar on this one!! His car could out run AbodyJoe's on 4 cylinders....and I'm not really talking about cars here:)

-
Back