Seems like a good deal on E-bay

-
yes i am well aware of that. but the VIN is what makes that car worth more then a comparable slant 6 car.

Meant to respond to those complaining that the dash is gone, changed post to reflect that. On a '68-69 that would be a deal breaker.

Wow! Tough audience. So I guess for 6k you want a all original untouched running driving 383 4speed 67 GTS for 6,000?

I never said it wasn't a good deal and here in the rust belt we just don't see cars like this any that are here came from somewhere else . I don't think it is over priced at 6 k but I bet it will go for much more .

with the exchange and shipping it would be like 10 or 11 grand I would jump all over it if it was down the road a few miles and 6000 grand .

The guy running the ad says he has a complete 67 slant sux post car for all the replacement sheetmetal to put it back, now all thats left is a date code correct engine and transmission. Maybe you can get both cars for $5K

I have seen restored nom cars with 340 in 15k range. Makes these ebay type cars irrelevant. Unless you want to spend 25k when done to restore a 15k car.

does anyone know where this car is located ? I would buy this car if is within 1000 miles of me

The guy running the ad says he has a complete 67 slant sux post car for all the replacement sheetmetal to put it back, now all thats left is a date code correct engine and transmission. Maybe you can get both cars for $5K
Good lord , the amount of money/time before you even started on the drive train ??!!!

Definitely a job for an experienced body man/restorer. But worth it IMO.

Any estimates of what a professional body man would charge to get all of that work done?? and now we're just talking the body, not the interior not the electrical not the motor and tranny not the wheels and tires not the suspension but just the body work Primed and painted???

Any estimates of what a professional body man would charge to get all of that work done?? and now we're just talking the body, not the interior not the electrical not the motor and tranny not the wheels and tires not the suspension but just the body work Primed and painted???

A nice paint job is $5k alone around here and thats just the paint that shitbox needs lot of work before even painting it...thats why we buy rustfree cars or close too:D:D

It's my car, and my slant six. I could probably also finagle a 383 block from my father.

Completely open to making a deal on both cars and everything I've got.

It's my car, and my slant six. I could probably also finagle a 383 block from my father.

Completely open to making a deal on both cars and everything I've got.
Here's a deal: keep the car, get the 383 and I'll help you put it together just to see it stay here in town and see you enjoy it !?

Here's a deal: keep the car, get the 383 and I'll help you put it together just to see it stay here in town and see you enjoy it !?

X2

Just slap some aftermarket tubs in that thing till it can be done right. Just get it running for now. It can be restored later.

I honestly don't have the time, money, space, or knowledge to go and do any of this. Priorities are family and my garage is unusable right now, and the only real answer is to move it along to someone who knows what they have and do it right.

And here lies the quandary? Even if you were to fix it up and spend the time and money and experience and space it would still not be worth the time money space experience you put into it even though its a 1 of 18 car. So one thing you need to realize is the person buying it is not trying to lowball you, but keep in mind that every penny they spend on the car is lost money that will never be recouped (ask me how I know). I believe your best bet is to jump on any reasonable offer over 2 grand and be glad to have your space back and the responsibility of the car out of your hair and hope that one day you see the car put back together and doesn't end up a lost project in someone else's garage. Again I'd always be willing to help and I always have a booth at the big swap meet at the beginning of April. Good luck....

And here lies the quandary? Even if you were to fix it up and spend the time and money and experience and space it would still not be worth the time money space experience you put into it even though its a 1 of 18 car. So one thing you need to realize is the person buying it is not trying to lowball you, but keep in mind that every penny they spend on the car is lost money that will never be recouped (ask me how I know). I believe your best bet is to jump on any reasonable offer over 2 grand and be glad to have your space back and the responsibility of the car out of your hair and hope that one day you see the car put back together and doesn't end up a lost project in someone else's garage. Again I'd always be willing to help and I always have a booth at the big swap meet at the beginning of April. Good luck....

All well and understood, but not sure what you mean by lowball as I haven't received a lowball offer yet. I'm absolutely open to entertaining offers as long as it isn't a trade for a motorcycle (which I've received several offers).

All well and understood, but not sure what you mean by lowball as I haven't received a lowball offer yet. I'm absolutely open to entertaining offers as long as it isn't a trade for a motorcycle (which I've received several offers).
What I meant by low ball offer I kind of meant like 3 grand when you're shooting for six grand. And again I'm not offering any prices and I don't know the value of your car at all especially without seeing it. And oh yeah, I bet people are wanting to get off their motorcycles on days like we've been having yesterday and today! Lol
For those non Portland Oregon residents it's been raining cats and dogs!

A car is only worth what a interested buyer is willing to pay. I pay ZERO attention to others opinions if they are not in the buying aspeat of the deal. fuming and fighting over what others think is a waste of my time.

A car is only worth what a interested buyer is willing to pay. I pay ZERO attention to others opinions if they are not in the buying aspeat of the deal. fuming and fighting over what others think is a waste of my time.

Discussion of the market value of a top tier option A-body like this one (even in its current state) is useful to others in the hobby. Sorry that you don't agree.

-
Back