Selection of a body after mkt rims?

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
I was hoping with the wealth of knowledge on this site that someone could help me. I trying to buy rims for my 67 dart and did some surfing on the internet for available choices. I really like so many different styles but going to pass on the cragars because I already have a set of small bolt pattern cragars on my barracuda and love them. I like the aluminum slots, american racing, torque thrusts, etc. The problem is that none of them appear to be available in the small 5 x 4 bolt patttern. I'm thinking either a 14" or 15" rim. Where can I go to find some choices???

Carl

not too many choices. of course theres mopar rallyes, then american racing outlaw 2, cragars like you said, and coys. Coys has nice rims but somebody else on this site said they corroded fast so you need to research. try entering Coys in the search feature. there may be more out there but i haven't heard of them. good luck

sets of small bolt aluminum 5 slot's show up in the used threads often enough

There are companies that will make a custom wheel in the 5x4" bolt pattern.

You can get small bolt Cragar SS: http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/wheel_detail.asp?subcat3=1071101

Specialty Wheel can get you factory steel wheels or rallye wheels in small bolt pattern (5 on 4"). http://www.specialtywheel.com/wheel-showcase/mopar.html

Stockton Wheel is another place that can get factory style wheels, and can make them to any dimensions you want. They can be slow, but I did get nice custom wheels for my Volvo there.

Another option is the manufacturers that make wheels for circle track cars, etc. They will do any bolt pattern and custom backspacing/offset. I'm talking about MRW wheels, Bart Wheels, etc. MRW makes a chrome "outlaw" wheel and will do 5 on 4". See here: http://mrt-wheels.com/catpages/page06.html

I'm pretty sure Minilite will make you wheels in any bolt pattern, too (probably run about $1200 though). http://www.minilitewheels.us/

Centerline used to do custom bolt pattern, but I'm not sure if they do that anymore. You could always call them and ask.

Otherwise, check at swapmeets, Craigslist, maybe see if speedshops have old stock of American Racing Outlaws (if you don't like the Outlaw II), and eBay. I hope that helps!

Centerline has a bunch of 5X4" stuff.

You can check out the Centerline website at www.centerlinewheels.com.
I bought my wheels directly from the factory and saved some $$$ by doing so. Also, Centerline wheels are all made right here in the USA. Not offshore like so many others now.
They also run special pricing on overstocked wheels - not sure if they have any overstocks in 5x4".

Coincidently I was on the phone and email with CenterLine Wheels most of the day yesterday. Number one they have great technical support. Unfortunately, I don't think they make custom wheels since they did not offer that to me. I need more backspacing on the wheels I was looking to purchase.

I love solid polished Centerlines and if I want them I will have to have a pretty narrow wheel since I am using a B-Body rearend in an A-body.

scuba0331 - If you're talking about the classic Centerline Autodrag style wheel, they should be able to make this wheel in just about any width and offset you need since it's a 2-piece wheel. You just need to measure very carefully to make sure your offset is correct to center the wheel/tire in the wheelwell with your B-body rearend.
Of course, you can also get the B-body rearend narrowed to A-body width or narrower.

scuba0331 - If you're talking about the classic Centerline Autodrag style wheel, they should be able to make this wheel in just about any width and offset you need since it's a 2-piece wheel. You just need to measure very carefully to make sure your offset is correct to center the wheel/tire in the wheelwell with your B-body rearend.
Of course, you can also get the B-body rearend narrowed to A-body width or narrower.

These are the ones I wanted and they are a no go unless I narrow the rearend. I don't think I want them that bad as the car is just about done! lol

I may go with the Classic Cragar SS as there are a few more back space options. I need abut 5.75 for an 8 inch rim.

20100511065727_autodrag.jpg

Just curious, can aluminum slots be powder coated any color you want? Also what is the metric measurment for SBP?

Thanks Leanna, was hoping you would find this question. Now whenever I decide on a color for the wagon I have some wheel options to consider.

timbo, there's powders out there now that will blow your mind. My supplier has over 6,500 available and, if by some small chance they don't already make the exact color you need, can do custom matching from your sample.

i ordered mine from centerline direct.. took like 2 months to get. fully polished auto drag.

5x4 back are 8.5 wide running a 295 50 15 (forget back spacing i ordered)
front are 5.5 wide running a 225/60/15

pics

barraCuda025-1.jpg

S5001715.jpg

cuda4.jpg

burnouts119.jpg

or can go with the 5x4 cragar. i run 14inch 8 wide in the back and 6 in the front

pics

duster8.jpg

duster7.jpg

love posting pics I currently have rallyes up front and bigger tires in the back with DLs on them

Where did you get the idea for the M/T 318 Valve covers?
Almost like the ones you did for me without the 318. The are hot.
I just checked American Racing and they didn't offer the Outlaw 2 wheels like I have in the 5x4 anymore, or at least they aren't listed. The center caps are on backorder now till Oct 15.

Where did you get the idea for the M/T 318 Valve covers?
Almost like the ones you did for me without the 318. The are hot...

Carl, it wasn't my idea, and they ARE hot. Steve D. aka 2 Darts came up with the cool concept and designed his decals, and GTGrinly prepared them and sent them here. I just did the manual labor. :-D The powder color, Silk Satin Black, is the same as I used on yours.

Get in touch with Steve and Dave if you want them to do some decals for you.

-
Back