Buyer rant

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

4fortyDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought a torque converter from user 4spddave on here about 2 weeks ago. It was advertised as a new, never used TCI stall converter.
Long story short. It shows up, no issues. I look at the standings on the converter and thought, I'll just google them so I know what exactly it is for stall.
Nothing on TCI's site or any reference #s to any TCI converter. There is 4 numbers stamped on it and 2 other standings that say TI. and ITI which could possibly look like TCI if you use yese our imagination.
I look the 4 numbers up. Summit has a torque with these numbers for a 727 trans. Hmmm...
I message this guy Dave. Simple question. Are you sure it's a TCI? No answer. Then I go to his profile later and now I'm blocked. I wait a week (last Thursday) and send another message. No response
I get, buyer beware. Never have I been screwed by a board member here. So I'm calling him out just to see if I can get some answers.

Screenshot_20180821-164417_Chrome.jpg

View attachment 1715213529

Screenshot_20180821-164403_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike is an OUTSTANDING member here to deal with , STRAIGHT UP , honest person. it's REALLY going to get my goat if this 4speeddave dude doesn't , at the very least , speak up

Mike is an OUTSTANDING member here to deal with , STRAIGHT UP , honest person. it's REALLY going to get my goat if this 4speeddave dude doesn't , at the very least , speak up
Thanks Lance. Well boys, unfortunately I paid by money order. PayPal lately has been a huge pain in the ***

so, this is interesting, decided to look up his profile and i get a big red X
"this member limits who may view their full profile"

that sounds fishy to me

on a side note, i did find the add, i think

[SOLD] - Tci 727 stall converter

that sounds fishy to me

The limiting of who can view a profile is not fishy at all. Lots of members choose to do that.

Thanks Lance. Well boys, unfortunately I paid by money order. PayPal lately has been a huge pain in the ***
man that really bites. you could probably resell it and get some of your money back , or maybe toss it in the car , maybe it's halfway decent. I've had pretty good luck with summit brand stuff , except their temp gauges , don't buy those lol
at least leave some feedback. go to the thread and click on "add feedback" and follow the prompts

The limiting of who can view a profile is not fishy at all. Lots of members choose to do that.
Must just be bad timing...this was the first time I saw this setting on someone's profile and it made it look to me like he was hiding something

that sounds fishy to me

See, that's what was strange. While we were messaging about the converter prior to me getting it, I could see his info. Soon as I messaged him for info after I got it.... I got the X

man that really bites. you could probably resell it and get some of your money back , or maybe toss it in the car , maybe it's halfway decent. I've had pretty good luck with summit brand stuff , except their temp gauges , don't buy those lol
at least leave some feedback. go to the thread and click on "add feedback" and follow the prompts
Thanks for the positive words Lance! If it is in fact a summit converter, based on the numbers, it's only a bit above stock.

I bought a torque converter from user 4spddave on here about 2 weeks ago. It was advertised as a new, never used TCI stall converter.
Long story short. It shows up, no issues. I look at the standings on the converter and thought, I'll just google them so I know what exactly it is for stall.
Nothing on TCI's site or any reference #s to any TCI converter. There is 4 numbers stamped on it and 2 other standings that say TI. and ITI which could possibly look like TCI if you use yese our imagination.
I look the 4 numbers up. Summit has a torque with these numbers for a 727 trans. Hmmm...
I message this guy Dave. Simple question. Are you sure it's a TCI? No answer. Then I go to his profile later and now I'm blocked. I wait a week (last Thursday) and send another message. No response
I get, buyer beware. Never have I been screwed by a board member here. So I'm calling him out just to see if I can get some answers.

View attachment 1715213528

View attachment 1715213529

View attachment 1715213530
DID U USE PAYPAL ? Buyer protection !

DID U USE PAYPAL ? Buyer protection !

OP already posted he used USPS MO because pay pal has been wonky. Im not a fan of PP myself.

I've done numerous transactions here on FABO and never had a bad one.

Hopefully the seller shows up and has a reasonable explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back