Sellin a car = bullshit

-
Yeah well I have been trying for a week now, at two different times to get a response from a guy selling a car on this site. That is very frustrating.

Part of wheelin and dealin....If you don't like it say no....Or counter at full price....

Well I have change the add feel free to take a look,tell me what you think now.AS said never had such a hard time selling a car in the past.Never said much in the adds befor let the pics do the work,when they call ,its salesmen time always sold fast.O well live and leard.

Here's my old ad for the 66 I sold a couple years ago! Was only asking $2500 but felt that a complete description of every aspect of the car is always in order! My standard policy of my asking price is the price was also reflected in this ad! If you're trying to get over $20k for a car, the ad description should be flawlessly detailed IMO!!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=185650

I had a newly retired neighbor who would search craigslist as a hobby and call people about stuff he could never afford or had any intention of buying. He just liked to talk. And talk. And talk. And talk.......

I also had a Craigslister call the cops on me because I "assaulted him with my automatic garage door".

The free ad services are super handy and useful but they come with no shortage weirdos and dirtbags.

Good job updating the ad and only sticking to the facts in it.

I mentioned it earlier in this thread and after viewing a few other Darts for sale in Ontario, it's unlikely you will get close to what you're asking. There's a '68 Dart GTS convertible with numbers matching drivetrain with an asking price of $23.9k (http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...le/1029845134?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true). There were only 271 of those made and this one appears to be all there and in decent shape. There's only a $3k difference between the two cars yet one has significant pedigree. If peeps have $20k burning a hole in their pocket, there is no question which car would sell close to what the asking price is. Just don't want you to be too ticked off when you receive lowball offers compared to the other cars you're in competition with.

No Cash??? No ride...Anyone who turns up without even a decent deposit is a Lamer...Not to mention every man and his dog are "wanna be" car flippers... They watch too much BS on TV :)

x2
FWIW I run into the same BS. I just sold one of my cars a couple days ago. I didn't even try to sell it on my own, knowing I would have to deal with jerk offs. So this time I gave it to Webeautos.com to sell for me. He deals with the phone calls and weeds out the BS. Anyway I sold the car in 3 weeks. Yes he gets 5% but well worth it to me.I dread having to deal with people.

Here's my old ad for the 66 I sold a couple years ago! Was only asking $2500 but felt that a complete description of every aspect of the car is always in order! My standard policy of my asking price is the price was also reflected in this ad! If you're trying to get over $20k for a car, the ad description should be flawlessly detailed IMO!!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=185650

I remember that ad, I also recall thinking what can I get rid of to pay for that car?

For some reason I just remembered trying to buy an E body almost 20 years ago.
Did someone mention E bodies?
I drove a long way and showed up at the right time.
Someone else was already looking at the car.
I can’t remember the reason the seller gave that they were there.
But back then, when I was looking at cars to buy, I always let the seller know in advance over the phone that I didn’t want to have other people looking while I was looking at it.
I’m not in a bidding war.
So there was some kind of problem.
I don’t remember the seller’s excuse of why these other fellows where there. Too bad.
This was a complete restoration car.
It was not drivable.
It needed to be hauled out of his garage.
The point is that these two …..morons…..were looking under the front end like they were going to drive the car home.
Looking and looking and looking and looking at the front end.
Bubba and friend.
I was just standing there waiting.
I was waiting for them to get out of the way so I could look at the car.
My time I valuable too.
So I told the seller I was leaving and hoped he sold the car.
OK, that’s my best story right now.
A friend just got this first "classic" car.
I coached him.
I told him buying is more fun than selling.
Or maybe the correct phrase is that looking is more fun than buying.
I don't know.

Good job updating the ad and only sticking to the facts in it.

I mentioned it earlier in this thread and after viewing a few other Darts for sale in Ontario, it's unlikely you will get close to what you're asking. There's a '68 Dart GTS convertible with numbers matching drivetrain with an asking price of $23.9k (http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...le/1029845134?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true). There were only 271 of those made and this one appears to be all there and in decent shape. There's only a $3k difference between the two cars yet one has significant pedigree. If peeps have $20k burning a hole in their pocket, there is no question which car would sell close to what the asking price is. Just don't want you to be too ticked off when you receive lowball offers compared to the other cars you're in competition with.

thanks for the kind words,yes i have seen those Darts they have been for sale off and on for over a year,time will tell,the half price really got to me,as you know you cant build a car for that price.In Canada people pay up to 7 gessssssssssss for resto cars no **** if there near to rust free.

I love the people who show up to look at the car/truck your selling and then ask:
" will you accept payments?"
WTF ! Do I freakin look like a bank !
I feel your pain my friend -

I love the people who show up to look at the car/truck your selling and then ask:
" will you accept payments?"
WTF ! Do I freakin look like a bank !
I feel your pain my friend -

LOL Payments, sure I take them..

"I'll just hold onto the car you until you make the final payment."

Hang in there Snake..maybe the new ad and outlook will bring you some action.

Bruce

haha... payments... been there.

Or how about " will you take half? and if you could Drive an hour out of your way to deliver it to the port so it can be shipped"

some people watch way too much TV.

people want a bargain they should also stick to "projects" no something running driving that looks nice and has a ton of man hours in it. But like i always say Careful how much money you put into it and asses. because you wont get it back at a point when selling.

still have my fingers crossed for you SNAKE>

No Cash??? No ride...Anyone who turns up without even a decent deposit is a Lamer...Not to mention every man and his dog are "wanna be" car flippers... They watch too much BS on TV :)

i see your point but i have seen guys kick a deal around for months before it happens.Like everyone else i look a lot and rarely pull the trigger at first sight...on anything.
I first inquired about my current project in Feb.We kept in touch for 3 months.I went and looked at the car in April.
..we finally made a deal in June!
..it's only a good deal if two parties are happy.

I hate when I'm selling for say, $5000 and they say will you take $2500? All cash. Like I would accept anything other than cash.

My other pet peeve is when they call you on the phone and offer you a third of what you're listing. I always say " wouldn't you like to come and see it first and see what it's worth before insulting me?"

-
Back