Selling Parts on FABO

-

dwire67

Reaction score
Well it should read For Cry Babies Only! I have been selling alot of stuff in last few weeks due to some family issues.
Holly Grap people take this stuff way too serious, you think I took there food out of their kids mouth because I did not respond fast enough and sell them the item. I usally don't say much , But this crap frosted my pumpkin.

03-19-2014 sharktooth
08:31 PM Buyer #2
pm_replied.gif
03-19-2014 shark tooth
08:21 PM Buyer #1
My reply to buyer #2
And what would like to to do? I try to be as fair as possible
He got to me 10 mins before you, don't you think that is the right thing to do? What if that was you?

Quote from buyer#2
well, did he tell you that he would take it at that time? It is very possible that had I NOT took the time to respond in the post like you requested, I might have beat his pm.....I spent a few minutes debating wether or not I should have posted, since the mods frown on that. I figured since I was the first to post, that I would be first in line. I said in my first pm that I would take it if shipping was reasonable..I didn't get a shipping quote till today.....

Well guess what #2 you loose plain and simple-But are you guys kidding me with this stuff?
If I did not need the cash right now , i would go back to my old ways and just give the stuff away and not deal with this BS.

Rant over :glasses7:

Sorry to hear about the drama....there have been a few items you have had I wanted to pull the trigger on,but got there to late.
Hope it don't sour your experience to the point of not continuing the parts market! :/

Are you saying I am to late to buy this item,,,, just kidding you know what they say
you cant please everybody so just try and please yourself!!!!

He who hesitates loses damn the bad luck. I would do same thing as you did PM's first. :banghead:

All you can do is be as fair as you can and hope people understand! This has been happening to me also since everybody is now following the rules and not posting a "PM Sent" in threads! Just be honest and fair and that's all you can do!! Don't sweat it bro!! Geof

I have missed buying parts for thinking about it my loss I sure don't get upset because I was too slow to move on it.
As a seller you cant wait to see how many people want a part wouldn't be fair to first in line.

My advise is to sell to the guy with the cash!Because if you don't you will be the one that is pissed off.Dont take this selling parts personal,you will never make everyone happy.Good Luck and I hope you make the money you need.

Well, as buyer #2 I will explain my view on this particular transaction... It IS a first come first serve situation with these sales in most cases. I understand that and have no problem with it. What rubbed me the wrong way, is that I read the add where it stated to post "pm sent" if interested... I debated doing that when I saw it, because I am pretty sure the mods say DONT do it, which is where I went wrong..... it cost me a few minutes for sure! Then I pmed and ask about shipping, and said I would take it if the shipping wasn't out of line. Looks like my pm was 10 mins behind #1. I understand it wasn't possible to get shipping at that moment. So today I log on to see if I had the shipping quote, and I did, so I ask where to send the money, and was informed it was already sold. Woulda been better to have known last night that I wasn't at the top of the line! So at the end of the day, it was just a case of not being fast enough, and I really aint upset, just wanted to show the other side of the deal. It was a heck of a killer deal for a sharktooth grille though! probally the FABO deal of the month!

I think anyone that is interested should post pm sent in the thread

I asked Joey about that very thing and he said it was against the rules! I also asked him about putting "Ill take it, PM Sent" and he though that would be OK because I said I would take it!!

Well, as buyer #2 I will explain my view on this particular transaction... It IS a first come first serve situation with these sales in most cases. I understand that and have no problem with it. What rubbed me the wrong way, is that I read the add where it stated to post "pm sent" if interested... I debated doing that when I saw it, because I am pretty sure the mods say DONT do it, which is where I went wrong..... it cost me a few minutes for sure! Then I pmed and ask about shipping, and said I would take it if the shipping wasn't out of line. Looks like my pm was 10 mins behind #1. I understand it wasn't possible to get shipping at that moment. So today I log on to see if I had the shipping quote, and I did, so I ask where to send the money, and was informed it was already sold. Woulda been better to have known last night that I wasn't at the top of the line! So at the end of the day, it was just a case of not being fast enough, and I really aint upset, just wanted to show the other side of the deal. It was a heck of a killer deal for a sharktooth grille though! probally the FABO deal of the month!

This has been my exact point for the past couple weeks or so! You did the right thing and followed the rules! I also agree that you should've been alerted that there was another buyer, but in fairness to the OP, I'm sure he had 7 or more people foaming at the mouth for the item, especially if it was that good of a deal! Should he alert everyone interested or can he post "sale pending" in the thread to alert everyone? I've run into this for the past couple weeks on a couple items, and on the plus side to everyone, everybody has been as understanding as it sounds like you are! I liked the "PM Sent" posts in my ads, it alerted other members to the fact that there was a buyer in front of them!!

Kudos to you both for following the rules of the site, and for playing by the rules of fairness to the first responders!! Geof

You sold my Duster grille to someone else? I sent you a letter last month saying I might take it, guess the mailman lost it?
Yes mr. Reese, some members on here are a pain, they want, you send pics, 2 days later a pm pops up, I'll pass. I'm tired of dealing with a bunch of tire kickers! I boxed up a set of headers and never got pay paled. The guy disappeared!
Now my rant is over, and yes there are good buyers here too.

That is why I still like a good swap meet cash and carry
At the swap it is "you snozze you loose" That also applies to drag racing

-
Back