Serious Sheet Metal Opinions

-

Hoosier Dart

Hoosier Dart
Reaction score
Need a little guidance from some who have "been there, done that". I have removed the entire floorpan from the dart. I welded supports in both doors and crossbraced in the rear seat area. Jackstands just ahead of trans X-member and frame under rear seat area. No glass, drivetrain, front or rear suspension. Haven't detected any flex so far. I'm going to weld in the new pan and then install frame connectors and form side plates from the frame to the new pan. At that point I need to know which direction to go. I have a full trunk floor, side xtensions and full 1/4 panels. In what order do I replace the sheet metal? Floor first? 1/4's first? Should I avoid the rotissire until all the metal is in to avoid flex issues? Do I need to brace for the trunk/xtensions/quarters? I'd rather overkill than fold my car up. Any experience out there?

It wont move once the floors are in. I'd cut the quarter off first, then all the trunk floor metal. Replace the floor first, then extensions, then quarters. No need for a rotisserie for these parts, just keep it level on a flat floor with jack stands

Did the same on my Demon, except only one quarter

Mopars are pretty ridgid, sounds like the car is stripped down to the bare shell so you should be good as long as you replace one piece at a time. Support the back of the car near the bumper when you cut the quarter panel off, they do flex a little without the quarter in place. Keep it off the rotissarie until all the panels are welded in place.

-
Back