SERIOUSLY! #$%$ engine issue

-

wheelman21

Mopar noob
Reaction score
I just got my 340 into my dart sport and got it inspected. When I got home I thought I smelt oil, so I looked underneath and there was oil on my headers. I got it in the garage and opened the hood after I noticed oil dripping from several locations. There is oil everywhere! It looks like it hit the fan (no pun intended) and went everywhere or just exploded out of somewhere. I'm not happy!!! Any idea what just blew? I'm kinda freaking out here! The engine runs fine, so I don't think anything serious broke as far as rotating assembly. Any ideas?

I just talked to my engine guy and I think I found the issue. The PCV is not hooked up correctly and it blew the front seal. So I'll start there.

are you sure its engine oil could it be trans fluid coming from a cooling line or power steering and oil filter adapters leak alot both the 90 deg and the flat plate, oil pressure sending unit leak and oil gauge lines

Any oil coming from the top or front will get turned to vapor and blown everywhere... Sometimes the easiest way to find it is to degrease it all and then run it (not driving...).

could be pressurizing the crankcase to the point of popping the dipstick a little and pushing it out there

-
Back