Seriously out of stock

-

Arco440

Reaction score
well i started shopping around to get a windshield gasket and new windshield.Well i can get but not the other.I should say i can get both if i want to pay $352.00 plus shipping just for the Gasket.Windshield i can get used for $75.00 new $150 but apparently gaskets are rare and priceless.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::ncool:

well i started shopping around to get a windshield gasket and new windshield.Well i can get but not the other.I should say i can get both if i want to pay $352.00 plus shipping just for the Gasket.Windshield i can get used for $75.00 new $150 but apparently gaskets are rare and priceless.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::ncool:

What are you needing a gasket for?
I just bought one about a month ago for my 1968 Barracuda rag top for $105 shipped.

I read a thread(here)someone was waiting for pre orders to do a run of them.I am in the same situation you are,can't paint until mine is in.

Didn't somebody post a few months back that Safelite actually has A-body glass and gaskets? Worth a shot...

I would sell every Mopar I had,before I would pay 350.00.
Thats crazy.

Good memory sir, safelite installed a new shield and gasket on my 70 Dart for just over 200 bucks.

Got mine done by safelite this past Friday. They had the glass in stock and even the gasket (although I had already bought mine). Here are a few pictures.
windshield1.jpg

windshield2.jpg

windshield7.jpg

windshield6.jpg

Safe lite,
$150 is what the local shop wants replace my flat glass in my 03 Wrangler, re-using the original gasket.
I will check them out.

Thanks

Yeah, the tinted glass for mine was $240. Gasket was $95 (which I didn't use theirs- same Precision seal like I had). They also helped me install my back glass which was a tremendous pain to get in correctly. Ended up right at $385 after the labor charge and tax which was a deal after it took close to 3 hours for the entire job. The guy they sent was very patient with my determination to have sealer all over the place. I used 3M bedding and glazing compound to set the seal and the glass. Stuff is messy, but from what I can tell, I have no leaks!

Thanks,
I put a lot of windsheilds in when I worked in body shops 20 years ago.
Putting a windsheild in is easy.

The problem is they want to charge more for the glass, than you can buy it installed.
It is a serious inconvence to me to drop off my jeep and pick it up.

The last price I got was 150 installed in my jeep or 180 if I just bought the glass.
Something is wrong.

For a new a-body glass that is reasonable.

I just helped a guy put his windshield back in his Duster. He got the gasket from Firestone Collectables for a bit over a hundred shipped a couple of weeks ago.

-
Back