Seriously!!!

-
An MSD distributor requires the intermediate gear slot in a different position to set number 1 at the front of your distributor. The slot doesn't point to the front intake bolt/port.

If rotor tip lines up with the drive tang, the std positioning is fine.

It's easy to change position, just takes a large, long flat blade screwdriver.

well if you have a 454 in a boat and its going 30 knots. and a 360 is in another boat going 25 knots and not balnced properly who will get to shore faster?

Actually anyone can answer, the more the merrier! I love all this input, its how ya learn right!

I will definetly ask them about all that break in stuff and if things go wrong. They are however giving me a 3 year warranty on the engine, they do with all there engines.

you want that thing to light off immediately to bust in the cam. make sure you have a good carb ready to run. double, triple check BTDC /firing order etc . .. going to need some good zinc rich comp cams break in oil or equivalent . I used 10/30 . I used an electric pump and a good used carb just to run it for 30 -45 minutes . I also used a mechanical oil and temp gauge so I could keep an eye on it. also plenty of gas. you don't want to be shutting it off and restarting it before you break the cam in.

I just recently broke in my 440 and man it was great

gotcha I understand now. I'll double check with them again tomorrow

They are using the correct LA Balancer. I asked how they time the engine and they time them to 0*, which I will double check. I also asked them about the warranty, if I run into any issues while breaking the engine in and there is a problem. They didnt even hesitate and stated that if there is any issue we will take care of it no problem! I of course will make sure to get it in writing. The engine should be done Friday, and I can get it up to the car and start finishing putting it together. It will still be some time before it is fired. Since I have to reassemble the dash and wiring first.

-
Back