Serpentine belt drive pulleys for my 318?

-

Palmetto

Reaction score
I have a 72 318 and I have wondered if I could purchase some later 318 serpentine belt drive pulleys for it? Do these work on an older engine like mine? Did the later Volare's or Aspen's have serpentine belts?

I have a 72 318 and I have wondered if I could purchase some later 318 serpentine belt drive pulleys for it? Do these work on an older engine like mine? Did the later Volare's or Aspen's have serpentine belts?

serpentine belts were not made on the aspens or volares, or diplomats. the first serpentine belt on LA engine was 1991 in dakota only

if your going with a serpentine belt setup get one off a magnum engine, there 7 rib and easy to get parts for 1991 Dakota is 6 rib and hard to get tensioners and is a one year only setup

You will probably also need to change your water pump if you go with a factory serpentine belt setup off of a Magnum engine - the serpentine setup will probably spin your existing water pump 'backwards'.

Surely your car could use something more usefull that the money could buy.

Surely your car could use something more usefull that the money could buy.

exactly, if the engine didn't come with it why bother; V belts rarely have issues, just like any rubber product they have a life span and need to be replaced

-
Back