Serpentine pulley setup for LA 360 engine

-

dwhip361

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I'm trying to find out if anyone has seen or done a serpentine pulley swap for the LA motor. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys.

Like the Magnum set up or the MACH pulley set up?

Testing, stock Magnum up top, MACH pulley set up below on a LA 360

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 172
I was leaning towards the Magnum setup. How did the Magnum setup work? What vehicle for donor parts?

Any Magnum that can be found in a Durango or Dakota will do.
However! The balanced up front is for a Magnum and not for an LA engine. The balancer/damper is one part with the pulley.

March pulley has them separate. Pulley and damper.

I'm not sure how it may all work out or not. BUT if it is as simple as purchasing the pulley and bolting it on the LA damper for use with the rest of the set up, it would be an easy swap.

Any Magnum that can be found in a Durango or Dakota will do.
However! The balanced up front is for a Magnum and not for an LA engine. The balancer/damper is one part with the pulley.

March pulley has them separate. Pulley and damper.

I'm not sure how it may all work out or not. BUT if it is as simple as purchasing the pulley and bolting it on the LA damper for use with the rest of the set up, it would be an easy swap.

So... The big question is will the Magnum balancers swap to the corresponding cubic inch LA engines without any balance issues.....

I don't think so, as mentioned above, the balance is different between the Magnum and LA engines. The real question is, will the MARCH pulley for the Magnum (Which is a separate part from the balancer) bolt on to the LA balancer?

Sounds like a member here can answer that or MARCH can.

Otherwise, I would have offered the entire set up off my Magnum.

-
Back