Serpentine setup 5.9 Magnum in a 63 Valiant

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
I was at the junkyard and was able to pull everything but just wanted to be sure it will work without tons of effort. Has anyone ran this setup without using the power steering, and if so do they sell a belt for use without it? I know they sell an LA version but seems really steep for what you get.

Thanks!
Jake

without power steering pump take a rope and measure the circumference with tensioner loaded. take that to the parts store and tell them how many ribbs the belt has. they should be able to match it up. post up the belt number for others to reference who don't want power steering

without power steering pump take a rope and measure the circumference with tensioner loaded. take that to the parts store and tell them how many ribbs the belt has. they should be able to match it up. post up the belt number for others to reference who don't want power steering

Excellent!! Thanks for the info, its much appreciated.

Jake

we have built a prototype that will be in full production asap.

ACPSdelete.jpg

ACPSdelete2.jpg

Its just moved over and bolted in a different spot, or is it a different tensioner all together?

Jake

Evan would have to answer that one, because it may be a special bracket they make.

I will give you the belt number but in less your bracket was exactly the same it wouldnt fit. 24mmx1740mm is size. The tensioner is stock. We will have brackets available soon. Was going to run a couple dozen or so on the water jet table after I get the intake belly pan plates run. Trying to keep it under $50 for bracket and bolts or $125-$135 for bracket, belt and tensioner. Will have to see if anybody is interested in them at that price.

magnummopar, have you run your new belt setup on a car yet give a real-life try? It looks great, just curious if there are any issues and if you are in production with them yet.

We dont have a lot of miles on it yet, too busy building other cars to go for a drive. I dont anticipate any issues but wont offer them for sale until I get a couple hundred miles with no issues. We got our intake belly pan plates done so next project for the water jet is the pulley bracket.

bellypan.jpg

All you have to do to figure out any belt length for any serpentine setup is get someone to hold the tensioner all the way back, run a tape measure around the belt path, take the measurement and subtract one inch. Done deal.

-
Back