setting this straight for me

-

dusterfanatic

The 340 Hammer
Reaction score
i want to know how much ft/lbs and how much hp a 198ci slant 6 engine has i have hear many different things like 125 hp or more comon 190 hp now mine is 40 over bore and i deck the head and the block 10 thousand each so 20 thousand but i need to know for my own sake cause i can't afford a dyno just for somthing like this

Hp ratings vary by years and any performance add on's, factory add ons or not.

What year?

According to the Chiltons repair manual I have published in '73. (Yea, this is an oldie)
It's 125 hp @ 4400 rpm / 180 ft/lbs. of Tq @ 2000 rpm.
(Flywheel)

alright cuz i have just been going crazy with this i mean i have found websites that have said 90hp at 4000 and 100hp at 4400 i am just looking for the net

thanks again but if any one has any other input i'd love to hear just cuz in my head every where is mass confusion

hey also wondering how can i figure out what rear end i have because i installed line lock the other day and i am lighting up both tires does this mean i have sure grip or limeted slip sounds stupid i just don't know how to check and my car is a numbers matching 198 slant 6 soo.....

hey also wondering how can i figure out what rear end i have because i installed line lock the other day and i am lighting up both tires does this mean i have sure grip or limeted slip sounds stupid i just don't know how to check and my car is a numbers matching 198 slant 6 soo.....

Here is a chart that should help you with that. As far as sure grip goes jack the rear up and turn one of the tires. If the other tire turnes the same way it is a sure grip if it turns the other way then it is an open diff.

-
Back