Setup for an Edlebrock 600cfm on 340??

-

snowymountainman

Hair in the breeze
Reaction score
Anyone running one of the eddy 1409 (manual choke 600cfm) carbs on their 340/360's?

If so where did you end up with the jetting?

Thanks!!

I have a eddy 600 on mine right now but it was a electric choke. I'll look for the book to see what metering rods I swapped in.

You may want to do some spark plug reading, to see waht your particular engine needs..Every situation is different..even when the parts are the same. My guess is it's probably on the rich side out of the box..What are your engine mods?

72 340 block, bored .040 over
Forged cranck
Forged Rods
Forged NHRA pistons
Rotating assembly balanced in Salt Lake
71 "X" Heads (ported & polished & competition valve job)
Eddy Performer Intake (temporary till I get an M1)
Cam: Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 268/280
ENGINE: CRS XE268H-10
PART# : 20-223-3
GRIND# : CRS XE268H-10
Mopar electronic ignition (orange box)
headache (Heddman) headers

Anything else you need to know?? Thanks for the help!!

I would have said that an eddy 600 is too small for the combination you have there..I would have gone with a 670 street avenger or 700 eddy......

I cant find my book anyweres but I went 1 step smaller on bolth cruise and power modes to richen it up. Thats all I changed in it. It runs good and has great throttle response but I'm gonna need more carb soon.

I kinda thought it was a little small too, so.....

I have a new 750 holley sitting here now but I've had terrible luck with them before......but it is nice changing jets & springs. Too bad it never works for $hit.

Anybody have a setup for that?

For s street cruiser I think the 600 is fine. It actually may have better throttle response. I plan on hitting the track this year and I already have another carb to try. Thats the only reason I'm going to swith.

Your cars looking great by the way.

Thanks Adam!! :salut:

Lot's of hard work is starting to pay off. I'll check the plugs out and see whazz happening in the combustion chambers and go from there.

I had a mildly built 360 with a Edel 600 electric choke. I was able to run 2 stage rich on both power and cruise.

-
Back