shadey dell

-
no i have not,wanted to talk to him first.will have check out every thing now ,was supposed to be a drop in and go,dynoed by him , now ????

no i have not,wanted to talk to him first.will have check out every thing now ,was supposed to be a drop in and go,dynoed by him , now ????
Yes, I read all the above. It's probably worth it to tear everything down checking for clearances, check it for cleanliness Etc. Make sure the crank and rods are round.... you don't want to end up with a completely destroyed motor.

I never dealt financially with him, but I did talk to him back in better times. I'd considered sending him a set of heads but it didn't happen for other reasons. It's unfortunate that things went the way they did, but let's be honest: Substance abuse starts, and ends, with a choice. He wasn't forced to start, and he can't be forced to get straight. He has to want it.*

Can he come back from this? Maybe, but the first thing he needs to do after getting clean is make amends with the people he ripped off/half-assed. Be accountable, admit your wrongdoing, and do whatever you must to make it right. He's going to have to work really hard just to get back to the point of starting from zero. He might not ever be able to financially compensate everyone, but he's gotta do something make things right with everyone he can. He should probably keep a low profile whilst doing it--get those relationships repaired before trying to create new ones. Some of those people will want none of it, and he'll have to realize that's on him, not them... but leave the offer open anyhow.

Everyone makes mistakes; some larger than others. I believe an honest person deserves a second chance, but simply proving his honesty is going to be a task. It's a long road but I hope he takes the first step down it.

*(Context: Having to see my Mom's face while I was being read Last Rites did it for me.)

Back in 2009 when I bought my ported eddy heads from him he was in his prime and his reputation was outstanding. The ported eddy I bought from him have been excellent and the porting and valve job were a work of art. Super happy with what I got. I also spent time on the phone with him and he advised on the total engine combination which I followed what he recommended with excellent results. But that was 2009 a long time ago. Sucks to hear ppl got ripped off and he had issues.

The best thing you can do is tear it down completely.
Back in 2009 when I bought my ported eddy heads from him he was in his prime and his reputation was outstanding. The ported eddy I bought from him have been excellent and the porting and valve job were a work of art. Super happy with what I got. I also spent time on the phone with him and he advised on the total engine combination which I followed what he recommended with excellent results. But that was 2009 a long time ago. Sucks to hear ppl got ripped off and he had issues.
His brother did the heads. Ryan was the talker

Very short experience with just 1.
and there was 3
The engine dropped the valves. above pictures

He charge me to CNC fly cut the pistons.
Loaded the mess up and drove there because he wouldn't answer the phone. he wasn't there

Showed his brother the edge of the intake valve was hitting the piston. He told us there was no way because the cutter Ryan used was much larger then the valves.

He walked to the back of there new shop and brought out the Cutter. It was a long stem cutter that had a round file on the end.

His brother explained that they did every piston on top dead center through the valve guides on my Batten Heads. So there was no way possible that the cut was the wrong Diameter. The engine machinist I had with me looked close at the heads. The guides were broke out on every port.

I lost my cool at that point. I told his brother I want all my parts back that were there. It ended up he sold most of my parts for my other engines. When looking for my parts . we found my block that I took there. He never used my block. The block he used to build my engine had the pan rail glued back in.

This could get long so I'll shorten it. So after some looking and talking to his brother. the engine that I had that came apart. didn't have my block,Crank,Rods, Pistons or lifters, Even my kings bearings were still there in there boxes with my name on them.

A guy with a 410 sprint engine pulled in when we were leaving. I didn't stick around to watch that mess. I heard some of the conversation. His engine exploded at the end of the straight and he lost the whole car. I saw the engine on the truck what a mess.

If you knew people he knew you were safe . If you were a stranger from far away you got screwed. He was a thief.

-
Back