Shafers model car thread

-
Got my Johan 64 petty plymouth today, I am building all new petty cars because some of my old ones are falling apart with age. I want this collection to be unique, so i have started on the 64 as you will be able to tell this particular car is representative of one that was ran on dirt. I will post all my 43s as i start to build them. If any of you guys have an unbuilt 43 car you want to sell let me know.
View attachment DSCF6155.jpg

View attachment DSCF6156.jpg

View attachment DSCF6157.jpg

View attachment DSCF6158.jpg

View attachment DSCF6159.jpg

View attachment DSCF6160.jpg

View attachment DSCF6161.jpg

View attachment DSCF6162.jpg

View attachment DSCF6163.jpg

View attachment DSCF6164.jpg

Thanks! It looks right. Testors used to sell Nascar team colors, I used my Petty Blue up years ago.

looking a few kits
going to make petty rides

67 GTX
70 Road Runner
68 Road runner
71 0r 72 rr or gtx

also looking 43 decal sheets pm me if you can help

This is my favorite thread , keep posting your models, I think they all look great and I want to thank you all for sharing your talent on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a tubbed out 75 Road Runner?

Attachments

• 100_1067.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 100_1066.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 100_1065.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 293
Thanks! Lindberg made a 75 Charger and Cordoba in 1/32 scale. Here is the Charger converted to a slot car.

Attachments

• 100_1562.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 288
where do you guys find this smaller models to make slot cars , i have never seen them as kits around here? They are very unique

in keeping with the dirt track theme, i fabricated the screen for the grille

the glass has been added as well as the bars for the stock car glass. because this is a dirt track car and not a supperspeedway car the vent windows have been removed and the glass that went into them was grinded off the winshield.

hope you like that columbia sc red clay sprayed on the car, this car has been racin
View attachment DSCF6168.jpg

View attachment DSCF6169.jpg

View attachment DSCF6170.jpg

I showed this thread to my wife and she was amazed by how real our models look. She has dealt with me building cars for 22 years, she thought i was the only model car builder who went to extremes to build that perfect kit. She did ask 1 question how do we eat? we all have posed our diplays on the kitchen table LOL

That is sweet. I like the details so many members here put in their models to make the realistic.

does my orange overspray look like red clay from a dirt track?

Yeah it does to me. You know RP buried most of his race cars with a few exceptions. Ever think of doing one like that?

Yeah it does to me. You know RP buried most of his race cars with a few exceptions. Ever think of doing one like that?

that is an idea i may do with one of the models i will be replacing, plans are the dirt track car - one from the museum , a short trck car with dents and dings . i want to build a shor track dart with the new kit that is out. some where i want to find the aspen or volare promo and build a 43 kit car, my petty collection is going to cover most anything 43

-
Back